The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » is the Cassandra Deck good? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
hi, read about the Cassandra Deck in a few magic websites that are offering it got sale... anyone has the Cassandra Deck? is it good? is it worth buying? thanks
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi:

Here's a review I found at Magictalk.com - Bryan Dean calls things as he sees them, so I would trust this review. I have not seen it, but I can tell you that most (maybe all) of Hilford's stuff is pricey:

From Bryan Dean at Magictalk:

"The Cassandra Deck is unlike any other type of "trick" deck of cards in your possession; this is a real tool for the mentalist.

This special deck (kept secret for four years, if you believe the "legend") can help you in several amazing predictions, including a new version of the "Tossed-Out Deck".

It's almost impossible to describe what you can do with this deck; for $25 just get it and experiment with it. You can even get the book, Fem Fatal which has an additional 64 tricks with the Cassandra Deck for just $35.

Docc Hilford is a clever magician who -- while a bit overdramatic -- can mystify his audiences with subtleties. Try he Cassandra Deck and play with it for a while. I believe you'll come up with a few of your own!

Available from YFD. Dealers should contact Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc. on the web at http://www.murphysmagicsupplies.com or 1-800-853-7403.

Highly recommended."

Hope this helps you.

Ron
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1146 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
<<This special deck (kept secret for four years, if you believe the "legend") >>

Back in the 90's this was released to a limited amount of people with the understanding that it would not be released to the general public for at least 4 years. It is not a legend, as "The Dean" calls it, this is a fact. Docc is a great friend, and I know this first hand!

The deck is a utility deck. You can do many different things with it.

What "The Dean" failed to mention is that you can buy the Fem Fatal book by itself. It has instructions on making your own decks. It is not necissary to buy both, although I would recommend it.

Docc has spent a lot of time making these decks, and I am sure you will have some fun with it.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you may have, or you can contact me for Docc's e-mail address.
magicalsongwriter
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of magicalsongwriter
I have the deck and frankly I'm not impressed. I got the deck along with the Osterlind tapes which was a mistake because I use the Breakthrough Card System. If you use the BCS then you don't really need any other stacked, gimmicked deck. Just use the BCS. Hope this helps. JEff
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
I, too, got the Cassandra Deck about a month or so ago. Not impressed. I think you can get more mileage out of a couple Svengali decks or something. I could be wrong, though. I really haven't studied the Cassandra Deck all that much since getting it. All I know is that a cursory look-over when I first received it brought disappointment and a sense of "what's the big deal?" It seemed somewhat complicated to me. Again, these are brief, initial opinions. I was also a little upset when I discovered you can buy the Cassandra Deck online for around $25 or so. I paid $40 for mine at a magic shop up the street!

I've studied my Cassandra Deck finally. Final analysis: think "fishing for information." You divine a spectator's chosen card by asking them a series of questions disguised as statements. Do people actually fall for this??

Might as well play "20 Questions". Reminds me of John Edward's routine on TV where he says to somebody, "Is there a "J" in your life -- someone whose name starts with a J? No? How about an "M"?
roguemagic
View Profile
New user
bizarre iowa
96 Posts

Profile of roguemagic
I agree with "Hoodrat's" claim that this is another "fishing for info" effect. I purchased both the Cassandra deck and Fem Fatale. I witnessed Docc perform the deck in Chicago last summer and I perhaps wanted it to be more than it actually was. There are other decks in which you can perform 'similar' effects. And I pose this question: If one really had mental insight, would one need to "fish" for answers?

Take care,
Craig
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
489 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
I have the deck. I think it's a cool idea, but I have yet to use it. The new tossed out deck idea is cool. It seems as if it would be best doing many selections with the routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » is the Cassandra Deck good? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL