We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » TCP by Jeffrey Bloom (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4953 Posts

Profile of RNK
Techni Color Prediction- got this off Jeffery Bloom and played with it and here's my review:

Though it's another TCP- I must say that I really like this one. Now- if you are familiar with Jeff's products- they are very organic- this is no different. That's one big reason I like it. All the props are VERY ordinary. Those of you who are familiar with Martin Lewi's two TCP versions- 1)using a stand and 2) with the gimmicked envelopes, I would say this is closer to #1 where Martin uses the stand, BUT- you DO NOT use a stand! In Jeff's TCP- the envelopes are NOT gimmicked in any way! You simply have (3)three colored envelopes paperclipped together with the predictions already inside the envelope. You give a FREE choice to two audience members on which envelope they would like for themselves, they can switch if they like. You give them the envelope and let them HOLD the envelope before they open it! You now ask them to open the envelope and pull out the prediction as you do the same with yours. Though- you don't pull yours out- that wouldn't be fair! You go to one of the spectators that chose an envelope and have them take the prediction out of the envelope. They each read their prediction that was inside their chosen envelope.

First Spec(who chose the Yellow envelope)prediction says, "I will choose the Yellow"
Second Spec(who chose the Pink envelope) predictions says, "I will choose the Pink" (ok-hahah- well....)
(and say the second spec removed the prediction from your envelope) he reads yours:
"I will choose the Pink, You will choose the Yellow leaving the Magician with the Green"

It's pretty much that clean- of coarse there is a little something to help make this happen. But when I say a little something- I mean it's very easy to make this happen and Jeff provides you will the direction needed. Again of you like organic magic- you can't go wrong with this!

Great Job Jeff!

RNK
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
738 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Where is this available?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4953 Posts

Profile of RNK
PM Jeffery Bloom- from him directly.

RNK
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Please note the predictions are hand written and personalized so if your name is BOB, the last prediction that is seen to be removed by you would be
"I will choose the Pink, You will choose the Yellow leaving BOB with the Green"

I will see if RNK will share with me his improved handling so spectator removes the last prediction.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Further review has shown that the handling such that the spectator completely removes the prediction from the envelope you are left with is actually very easy to do. I have to thank RNK for maing me think this one through.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12086 Posts

Profile of John C
Absolutely NO pesticides?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4953 Posts

Profile of RNK
NONE!
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
John,
I call mine the ALMOST ULTIMATE TCP.
I do not mind that your version is a little bit better than mine is Smile
Jeff
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
738 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
I'll say it again, the Free Will concept does not work well with this effect.
Your final prediction can't be ambiguous in the least, especially since the gag predictions
are(it fits anybody who selects the envelope).

The final prediction should read, "The lady will select the blue envelope. The gentleman will select the
red envelope. And the performer will be left with the yellow envelope."

If you have a routine where the spectators can open their own envelopes, it doesn't matter if the performer has to open his, especially if he can show the envelope empty afterwards.

These so called steamlined methods have just muddled the effect. At least you're not using a 4th envelope
as used in the "Ultimate" version. Part of the mystery is how the real final prediction was in the envelope that was left for the performer.

Woodfield
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Thanks for your thoughts; however, I sold a version to some one who only performs for ladies.
Hmmmmmmmm...
Now, RNK can attest that my version can be easily tweaked and the prediction read like you state
The lady will select the blue envelope. The gentleman will select the
red envelope. And the Woodfield will be left with the yellow envelope."
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4953 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2011-08-16 04:13, JSBLOOM wrote:
Thanks for your thoughts; however, I sold a version to some one who only performs for ladies.
Hmmmmmmmm...
Now, RNK can attest that my version can be easily tweaked and the prediction read like you state
The lady will select the blue envelope. The gentleman will select the
red envelope. And the Woodfield will be left with the yellow envelope."

Yes- this is definately possible with this. The method Jeff uses with this makes any combination possible! That's the beauty with this, not to mention NO GIMMICKED envelopes! Gotta Love That!

Best,
RNK
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
That is correct!
Think outside the box...
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
So this now comes with a method with out using the free will principle.
Some extra convincers are the prediction match in color the envelope removed plus last prediction can be removed by spectator.
Credits go to woodfield.
His comments are very valid and I feel the effect is stronger due to his challenge Smile
His comments made me think hard...Can I improve it?
The answer is yes.
Stagnation in magic is not a good thing. We need to try to improve.
Best,
Jeff
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I publish my version some time ago in my eBook/book "Impromptu and Colorful Prediction"

Anyone who has this and my own work can compare methods?

Thanks
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
After selling to my latest customer, I entirely removed the free will concept.
I rewrote the entire instructions.
It confused people giving two methods.
This principle will work, but it is better to give to another person to read.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4953 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ok, I just performed this in my past show for about 200 people in a stands up situation. This not only got great laughs, after the final reveal, I looked around the audience and everyone either was looking back at each other and shaking their heads in amazement or just staring at me with an astonished gaze. This really was a real crowd pleaser effect.

One other great point, it was great being able to show the front and back of all the envelopes throughout the whole routine.

There are few different versions of the technicolor prediction out there using envelopes, but I think this is truly the cleanest and one of the best!

Great job Mr. Bloom!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » TCP by Jeffrey Bloom (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL