The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Your favorite handling for Egg to Silk (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mortega
View Profile
New user
Spain
1 Post

Profile of Mortega
This is based in Antonio Romero Hold out and performed by my friend Manuel Marat.
Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAF8lrsjUTg

Sorry is in SPANIShhhhh
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Silk to Egg is a killer because it is so up front and visual that language is no problem. If it works without sound, you are doing it right!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-07-26 06:20, Mortega wrote:
This is based in Antonio Romero Hold out and performed by my friend Manuel Marat.
Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAF8lrsjUTg

Sorry is in SPANIShhhhh

The expression on the little girls face was worth proving how effective this trick is to the onlookers.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Expression was Priceless...nice clip

I did a show last week about 2 hrs from where I live in a venue that had the Dance Floor of Death in front of the stage. So I ended up doing a Floorshow closer to the 2 sided crowd about 400 people at last minute ditching the stage-opening with a few gags & Silk to Egg,finishing music & snowstorm using a combination of Ammar & Lance Burton versions I use- needless to say. It really went well with good applause and feedback.

I've filmed it so will upload link when I can.

As a Pro Performer I cannot say enough about this effect works under all conditions. First time I've done it 2 sided on a dance floor cabaret show. Worked well as I knew it would.
Scotty Walsh
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
207 Posts

Profile of Scotty Walsh
I used to think that red was a cliche color for silks, and then I watched the color footage of Channing Pollock and I changed my mind. If it has become a cliche it is only because it is so lovely. Of course, it helps to be Channing.

Posted: Aug 23, 2012 4:19am
And to answer the OP, I prefer the Rice handling. The Tarbell handling is pretty demanding and a bit risky, I feel. The Rice idea is much more clever, I think. I, personally, do not like the sticker bit at all. To me it is an anachronistic addition to an otherwise timeless classic.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Red silk may not be unusual for class magic acts, but red is 30% of all the silk we import and we import 13 colors! It is used because it is so effective!
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Heres a (Link) Pic of me performing Silk to Egg at 1 of many corporate Functions
Ive done this month- Its so reliable and gets the reactions early in your act...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rt=90#29

Cheers
Rolf Reiner
View Profile
Loyal user
Mallorca - Spain
229 Posts

Profile of Rolf Reiner
Whitt´s routine is great. It seems to be, in fact, Michael Ammar´s routine - he came up with the idea of sticking the "hole" on his forehead. Ammar finished the routine by making the silk reappear from the hole on his forehead. It´s in his book The magic of Michael Ammar.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Whit's routine is not at all Michael Ammar's routine. The handling is completely different. Whit's handling comes straight out of Rice; Ammar's handling is much more complicated and, IMO, it doesn't add anything to the effect. Also, it's my understanding that Whit was the first magician to put the "hole" on his forehead. (I got that straight from the source.)
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It would not surprise me to learn that silk to Egg is 3000 years old. Much of our magic came from China and India.
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
This week at Magic at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, SC, I was reminded about a special method of ditching used by Carl Michael for Silk to Egg. Catch his act sometime and see what you think.

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It's that time of the year again to find plastic Easter Eggs that make good containers for transporting and protecting real eggs and your good ceramic gimmicked eggs for egg magic. The right ones work very well year round.

Let us know how your Easter Egg hunt goes! Some years they are hard to find.
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Bob Sanders has the VERY best looking and handling egg! I use a little egg purse for transport: http://www.rei.com/product/799008/coghlans-two-egg-holder

or http://www.rei.com/product/696008/coghlans-6-egg-holder

Happy Easter Hunt.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
Thank you so much for those links, Autumn Morning Star. I have only been able to find larger camping egg totes. The little two-seater is adorable and PERFECT for my needs.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Autumn,

I had never seen the two-egg-holder before. It is perfect!

Bob

PS --- I don't think my rodeo friends will let me call something an "egg purse", even if it works. (Living at Bunny Heart Theatre is macho enough. Thanks to you and Lucy!) What about a magician's protective cup? That is more macho.
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
alan1954
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of alan1954
I've come to SILK TO EGG at a later point in my life than most. Of course, I ordered Bob Sanders eggs and silks. They're perfect. But when I began looking at different methods for performing the effect, I couldn't believe how complicated some magicians made it when teaching. I finally settled on Pop Haydn's handling. The best magic is the most simple and his teaching is pure gold.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Alan,

Pop also uses my eggs!

Someday, I hope to get him here at the ranch for Magic Valley Magic. This October 5-6 will be our 9th year to have this.

Also:

It's that time of the year again to find plastic Easter Eggs that make good containers for transporting and protecting real eggs and your good ceramic gimmicked eggs for egg magic. The right ones work very well year round.

Let us know how your Easter Egg hunt goes! Some years they are hard to find.
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I think I am going to add steve dacri routine, Who sells a strong white egg,
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I have the eggs from bob sanders they magnificent.

I do the routine from edwin hooper.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Your favorite handling for Egg to Silk (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL