We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Eugen Burger's Card warp patter, Can one use it... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I love the card warp effect. I do it with giant cards. On The art of magic Eugene Burger does a Macab patter to this effect. Can one use this patter or is it Forbidden!
Most magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
I think Eugene would probably encourage you to create your own but I don't think it is forbidden to use his.
ME
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I e-mailed Eugene and got the following response;
If you purchase the book in which my routine is published (The Experience of Magic) then it is yours to do. Where does one get this book??

Most magically yours,
WR

Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Enigma
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
41 Posts

Profile of Enigma
Eugene Performed this routine for me at the close up room at SCAM .... it was very well thought out ... the patter is good. Which in turn had me think of my own ... mine centers around the old Salem Witch hunts. However the routine adds two T&R sequences.
So I would; if you like the idea Eugene inspired; venture to use my own idea.
Just me.
Enigma

PS What's up Rabbit?!
Smile
You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything .... unless you are tired and you need to lay down or at least sit down then it is ok not to stand, my own opinion of course.

Enigma
thelastdoctor
View Profile
New user
Dayton Ohio/USA
67 Posts

Profile of thelastdoctor
I love Eugene's presentation, but I tell my own story. One that fits in with the rest of the performance.

Mine is the story of my poor mad uncle in Ireland. Taken to the "other side" by a beautiful fairy queen. After several escapes and going back and forth he gets stuck between the two worlds. Cracks and is ripped apart.

Works great, it's something I'm interested in and it continues to add deminsion to my character.

The Last Doctor
:stout:
The Last Doctor
?who?:stout:

I’m always looking for the perfect pint or sugar free Jelly Babies...
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
WR:

Here is a source for the book.

http://www.magiclandusa.com/books%2005.htm

-Marty
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
As with any effect, you can always do it the way you've seen someone else do it. But it becomes yours with practice, and as you inject some of your own self into it. So, to point, if you are comfortable with Burger's patter right now...use it. But work to build your own patter...and you'll find yourself becoming even better at the trick! Good luck.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Eugen Burger's Card warp patter, Can one use it... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL