The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Female Hypnotists and Mentalists (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
208 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Hypnosis for the many years it's been around has been dominated by men. So who are the best female hypnotists and mentalists?
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
One of the best - Pat Collins, the Hip Hypnotist.
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Surely Pat Collins must be dead by now? If she is alive she must be about bloody ninety or even 100. I bet she isn't that "hip" any more.
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Hip replacement Hypnotist doesn't have the same ring to it either
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
801 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On 2011-07-27 03:24, Zerububle wrote:
Hip replacement Hypnotist doesn't have the same ring to it either

Ouch!

James, are you still working on your pre-talk product?
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Pat Collins—The Hip Hypnotist

Here are notes on Miss Pat Collins from Maelene Collins­Grenat whom I believe could actually be Pat Collins daughter:

"Pat Collins did her performance in the early 60's at clubs until she opened her own club on the Sunset strip at the corner of Sunset and Doheny next to Gil Turners Liquor store, where she did her show and also held self­ hypnosis classes.

Then in the early 80 she closed the club and moved to Reno, NV and performed at the MGM and in Tahoe. She only did a brief appearance in Las Vegas about 1981.

She appeared on almost every talk show you can think of from late 60's through the 70's. Pat played her self in “Divorce American Style,” “The Lucy Show,” and in an episode of the “Bill Dana Show.”

She played a caricature called Babs Ivar in an episode of the “Honey West Show.” Pat was also on an episode of TV's famed show "What’s My Line" and the TV show called "No Time for Sergeants."

She became ill and in her 60's and decided to stop performing when she moved back to southern California. Pat Collins passed in 1997."

http://tinyurl.com/4ac3lj
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Then again there is "Bonnie !@#$%", Steve Daly's drag queen hypnotist character. About as entertaining as you'd expect. Or perhaps not.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2011-07-26 20:35, Mark Lewis wrote:
Surely Pat Collins must be dead by now? If she is alive she must be about bloody ninety or even 100. I bet she isn't that "hip" any more.

Hip to the elderly.
Rimbaud
View Profile
Loyal user
Saint Louis
291 Posts

Profile of Rimbaud
I saw Pat Collins in Reno in '84 or '85. Really great act. Funny as hell.
http://www.DanLaddthehypnotist.com
"Saying 'Everyone is special' is just another way of saying 'No one is.'" --Dash from The Incredibles
Ray Thompson
View Profile
New user
Des Moines, Iowa
60 Posts

Profile of Ray Thompson
Pat Collins had a class act.I have never seen even a clip of her doing any skit that would be considered exploiting people and their trust. Too many performers do. I think they have a big problem with their egos and play to the worse in their audience. BTW: Bonnie B., aka Steve Daly does a good show, stopping just short of crude. When not in drag he performs weekly in Vegas.
But, what do I know. I've only been doing this for 36 years.
Ray Thompson, the Mind Wizard
www.hypnosisandmore.com
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
915 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Kellie Karl is a good hypnotist from L.A also you could also consider Wendi Friesen.

Regards
Dr Rob.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1644 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
I saw Pat at the Celebrity Club. She got out of real potential problem so seamlessly that passed unnoticed. A real pro.
Pat did real hypnotherapy for many local clinics, and never charged anyone.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1134 Posts

Profile of magicusb
A decade or so before Pat Collins was Joan Brandon. born 1914 or so.

Went from headlining vaude as a magician and switched to hyp about 1954. Worked fairs, arenas, home shows, etc., for 2 to 3 thousand at a time. See our startup website on her, JoanBrandon.com Had a TV show for a short time, wrote books on hyp, as well as a popular news stand one put out by Faucett.

Dick Brookz & Dorothy Dietrich
Check out http://HoudiniOpoly.com

Houdini Museum Tour & Magic Show.
Only building in the world dedicated to Houdini.
http://Houdini.org
http://HoudiniDisplays.com
http://PsychicTheater.com
Scranton, Pa (570) 342-5555
"The truth shall make you free, but first it will make you angry." -Robert Ingersoll-Atheist (on the mind of Houdini when he died.)

We are thrilled we were able to bring The Grim Game to the world! Thanks TCM.
Tommy Vee
View Profile
New user
Boston
14 Posts

Profile of Tommy Vee
Christina Kaya, Canada
BuddhaStephy
View Profile
New user
Nevada USA
79 Posts

Profile of BuddhaStephy
I have a Pat Collins story that I would love to tell.
I grew up in Reno. On my parents second date my dad took my mom to the MGM to see Pat Collins. My mom says it was the funniest show she has ever been to. She was touched because Pat was talking about how she volunteered at the hospital doing hypnosis and teaching self hypnosis to the kids with cancer. She helped them with visualizing their super heros battling the bad guys in their bodies.
My mom came from an alcoholic family and her first husband was also an alcoholic. There was a two drink minimum at the show. When they went to leave my dad left a full drink as my mom tried to pound hers down. She looked at him baffled and told my dad he paid for it and he has to drink it. My dad told her "Exactly. I paid for it, and I can leave it if I want to." He taught my mom that day that she didn't have to drink just becausse it was there. It was her first experience with a person that didn't "need" to drink. As they went to leave, my mom noticed that my dad didn't tip the waitress (she was a waitress at Circus Circus at the time). She yelled at him and made him tip her the same amount he spent on drinks. My mom says that that was the day she taught my dad to tip and my dad taught my mom that she didn't have to tip (a drink). I grew up with parents that didn't drink and parents that tip very, very well... And it all started with Pat Collins. Smile
preceptmagic.com
Serious Tools For Serious Magicians
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9528 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Great story!
BuddhaStephy
View Profile
New user
Nevada USA
79 Posts

Profile of BuddhaStephy
Thank you Smile
preceptmagic.com
Serious Tools For Serious Magicians
Akil
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Akil
Angela Funovits is another good mentalist/hypnotist, she also placed second in the show Phenomenon on NBC.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9528 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I was unaware of her performing hypnosis. Her performances weren't that great on that show, but she was good for viewers. Even she in post-show interview consistently talked about her disappointment in her performances.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
When did she get into hypnosis Akil?

Isn't she a medical doctor now?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Female Hypnotists and Mentalists (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL