The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Where should I start? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
Quote:
On 2011-07-25 12:51, Bill Palmer wrote:
That set from RnT II is an excellent buy for the beginner. They are, in my opinion, a much better choice than the Magic, Inc. set that wmhegbli provided the link to.

The Ireland's set (from Magic, Inc.) was designed to be used with sponge balls, but not the kind of sponge balls we have today. The kind they were designed for were the old-fashioned sponge balls that were made of rough sponge rubber.

An even better choice, although it is more expensive, would be these:

http://www.rnt2.com/index.php?dispatch=p......id=29794

They have a much more usable shape, and will work with a larger crochet ball. Even with small hands, you shouldn't have any trouble using them.

how about these?
http://www.rnt2.com/index.php?dispatch=p......id=30204

these are cheaper, but what is the difference between it? Will the one I chose serve me for life?
pete: thanks for ur link, however, it is plastic and will it be very light and be harder for me to begin with?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Hugo,
The RNT cups will work quite well for you. They don't come with balls. They recommend a set of 7/8" balls and this way you can choose your own color.

You will learn soon enough that if you like the Cups and Balls, one set is never enough. These will do you for a very long time, but you may eventually choose to upgrade to a larger, heavier, sturdier cup, but for now these will work quite well, probably better than the other links you saw. I see Bill Palmer said pretty much the same thing, suggesting the slightly higher priced Foxy 2.5's Either will work well but if you can afford it, the ones Bill suggested would be easier to work with in the long run.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You have already posted this link.

The differences are these:

1) The Foxy II.V cups will accept a tennis ball as a final load. The Classic cups will not.
2) The Foxy II.V cups have a greater attic space, so you can use a larger ball with them.
3) The Foxy II.V cups are heavier, which is a definite advantage.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
BILL IS CORRECT
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
Quote:
On 2011-07-25 14:15, Bill Palmer wrote:
You have already posted this link.

The differences are these:

1) The Foxy II.V cups will accept a tennis ball as a final load. The Classic cups will not.
2) The Foxy II.V cups have a greater attic space, so you can use a larger ball with them.
3) The Foxy II.V cups are heavier, which is a definite advantage.

May I ask you if I don't have a pouch, will I be able to load the tennis ball without cover?
Also, are there ones which are similar in every aspect but is lower in price? U know, 200 is not a small amount of money.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
729 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
If you are intending to perform standing, your pockets will look funny with 3 tennis balls in it.

Go for the RnT2 Classics if you like the look of them and it fits your budget.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
Quote:
On 2011-07-25 23:38, yin_howe wrote:
If you are intending to perform standing, your pockets will look funny with 3 tennis balls in it.

Go for the RnT2 Classics if you like the look of them and it fits your budget.

so what do people do when they want to load tennis ball?
do they put it in their suitcase? or like gazzo, have a pouch??
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2640 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
A pouch is popular, especially for buskers. A servante is another option and is what I personally use.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
Well, since I am mr. carry light.
I guess loading tennis ball doesn't fit with my act yet. (but I can imagine it will KILL)

anyway, I didn't realise that you can carry a servante around!? or do you set it up before?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Go to the search function. Do a search in the secret sessions for Final Load Logic. You will learn many things.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
Thanks very much bill.
I would really love to learn a good final load, but may I ask u, if I don't use a pouch or anything, how can I have a high impact ending?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Here's the thread you need.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=37

There is a lot of useful material in that thread.

There are ALWAYS places that you can use to hide a load.

I've said enough in this part of the Café -- this is an open forum, so anyone can read it. There is more material of use in that thread in the Secret Sessions.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
Okay thanks
I will have a through look at that post
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Go on youtube and search Dai Vernon to see the classic routine without a pouch. Believe me, big big final loads are not necessary. It is the surprise change. You can also see my version at http://www.petebiro.com and clik on "pete's on TV" and scroll down to cups and balls.
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
Quote:
On 2011-07-26 02:07, Pete Biro wrote:
Go on youtube and search Dai Vernon to see the classic routine without a pouch. Believe me, big big final loads are not necessary. It is the surprise change. You can also see my version at http://www.petebiro.com and clik on "pete's on TV" and scroll down to cups and balls.

thanks, I will check both out.

but apparently, dai vernon's routine is darn hard, is it true? I just want to go step by step first.
also, I saw 4 big balls in the end of the routine, does that not require final load? or does it use c*** cup?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's all final loads. Can't say anything more specific without violating Café rules. The routine is easy to get. It's in print and it's on the Ammar DVD's.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If I can do the Vernon style cups and balls routine... it can't be that difficult
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
Thanks pete,

I have a question about cup size,
what can be loaded into classic cups? like funny stuff e.g. fruit

also, what would be the next bigger size than the classic?
do you have an recommendation of the cups and balls in magic.org? I prefer them since they have free shipping

thanks very much
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Hugo,

From what I can see, nothing at magic.org even comes close to the recommendations you got here. It's worth it to buy better. Cheap sets will only hold you back from really learning what C&B is all about.

Now there comes a time when you need to stop asking questions, and just DO IT.

I think for you, that time has come. We've steered you toward some of the best choices. Go buy some and get started.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Where should I start? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL