The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Where should I start? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1119 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
The RNT2 Classic Cups were designed to hold a lacrosse ball size ball. The next bigger size is a cup that holds a tennis ball size load.
The difference is lacrosse ball load size cups have about a 2.5" (60mm) diameter mouth and the tennis ball size cups have about a 2.75" (70mm) diameter mouth.
If you read the descriptions on the cups at RNT2.com they all indicate their inside diameter and they are all identified by their load size if you compare them on features.

So, anything that will fit within the mouth diameter can be loaded into them - as a general rule, the diameter of the mouth is never larger than the inside height of the cup.
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
Thanks,
I will be uying my set from RNT2 at the end of the week
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1453 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Good choice.
"But there isn't a door"
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2640 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Good decision! Donnie won't let you down.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Hugo:

Those are the right DVD's.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
729 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
FYi, here's another recent thread on beginner CnB DVDs

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=0#19
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
Paul Reed
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Paul Reed
I have been lurking around on this an a couple of other recent threads, just wated to say thanks to all contributors, I'm confident that my foxy 2.5s and Ammars DVDs will get me off to a great start!
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
I want to ask one more problem, will the Chinese bowl works too? Like the bowl where you put food in it (the white one) or is their 'mouth' too big?
I was asking this because I am planning to perform to some elderly and want to looks like impromptu, and it is funny IMO.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Bowl routines require a totally different handling than Cups and Balls. If you want impromptu, borrow some coffee or tea cups instead.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
Is it the coffe cups with the ear? or without?
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2167 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
The coffee and tea cups can have handles on them, and just about any type of bowl could be used. In fact, the handle can even be used to manipulate the cup more easily/openly in some cases. I have even borrowed a sugar bowl that was used to hold sugar packets as opposed to loose sugar and it worked perfectly. Do not worry too much about little specifics in things like this, just have fun with it. Try different vessels out and you will quickly find which ones work better than others, and which ones you like using more than others.
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
Since I am living in Hong Kong, that's why I have the idea to put rice into the bowl as my final load. More emotional to the audience (more link to their daily life) than a tennis ball/billard ball
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2167 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
The rice would be quite easy to load for a final, and would be a fitting end to that kind of culturally-themed routine. If you would like some suggestions for this, send me a PM and I can walk you through it.
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
I will do it tmr, need to sleep now
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of rklew64
How about using Dim Sum or rice balls or a piece of ginger, mini baby moon cakes. miniature red lanterns, etc.
oh tea bags, chicken heads, fortune cookie (origin still debated)
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1119 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Quote:
On 2011-07-27 02:03, Paul Reed wrote:
I have been lurking around on this an a couple of other recent threads, just wated to say thanks to all contributors, I'm confident that my foxy 2.5s and Ammars DVDs will get me off to a great start!

Thanks Paul!
I think that you will find that the smooth rounded top & wide, shallow saddle on the Foxy cups is going to help you with the moves taught in the Ammar instructions. Like any other craft, using tools that are made properly is important to lowering your learning curve and producing a quality job.
And if you are ever interested in upgrading your cups, you can move to Foxy 3 Cups or Foxy 3 Combo Cups and other than adjusting to the new heavier weight in the Foxy 3 Cups, you don't have to learn the feel of the cups all over again.

And welcome to the Café!
Donnie
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
If I also want to learn the 3 shell game, are the cups good with that too? or should I get proper shell?
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
729 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On 2011-07-27 23:20, Hugokhf wrote:
If I also want to learn the 3 shell game, are the cups good with that too? or should I get proper shell?

you will not be able to do Shell moves with these balls and cups.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
Than what 'shell should I get for the 3 shell game? are there great quality difference between them
I don't want fancy ones (sorry pete)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Where should I start? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL