The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busker Boot Camp After Thoughts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
So some things have absorbed. I wish I had the chance to apply them.

The thing that jumped to mind for me to write this is about hecklers. I was pondering them earlier. Chatted with a friend about them. Here is what I learned that I didn't know I learned till now. From watching Gazzo and Bobby work and talk. If you build the right environment you will not have hecklers. If you do encounter such a foe make friends.

I can't wait to do it! I now know how. Easy peasy. When you watch masters do it.

The first book I read about busking was by Kitt Summers. A juggler. I'm guessing here but lets say the book was 30 some odd pages. 15 of them were dedicated to heckler lines. You don't have to make enemies when you know how to make friends with foe. You don't need heckler lines until it gets nasty. Stop pulling the trigger on innocent by-standers. Don't unload until you must. Much more fun that way for everyone.

The lessons just keep coming. But you got to think about it. j

Thanks again to Gazzo and Bobby.

Ted
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
When was this?
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
July 7-10
http://buskerbootcamp.com/Main/main.html

It was a great experience and I learned more than I could imagine. Some of the pearls keep appearing weeks later.
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
442 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
This idiot would come into the middle of my show with his inflatable animal, engage people, then panhandle them. You couldn't make friends with him because he hated all performers. That's why he did what he did. I tried everything to get rid of him. My only regret was not cramming a lit stick of dynamite down his throat. I read he died a lonely man but only after meeting his hero, Prez. George Bush Jr. which explains many things. Evidently, he was retarded, too.
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Gazzo taught us how to handle homeless pests as well and get a nice laugh with out being too mean. There are always exceptions to any rule and you should always expect the unexpected.
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Gazzo said shoot um right?
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I'm regretful that your performance was interrupted "Great Zoobini".

However, I wish to share, that one of my most touching moments on the streets was in The Gaslamp area downtown San Diego. A gentleman with a severe burned face and hands tipped me a dollar after my performance. It was only when I saw him later in the week, that I learned he was surviving on the streets.

I have on occasion had some distractions from folks panhandling but, I've found that to be the exception. Some folks just need someone to listen to them. I'm mostly happy to do so, as long as it doesn't interfere with the rest of the the audience.

"I'd rather have a heckler than someone who is indifferent to my performance!" Rey-Rey

Yours on the Streets,
R2
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busker Boot Camp After Thoughts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL