We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Drawing Room Deceptions - Hollingworth (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
It is very nice looking indeed. It is reminiscent of my over-a-century-old copy of Hoffmann's Modern Magic. Back then, books bound in cloth were stamped directly onto the cover in many colors. The dustjackets were plain white paper and were meant to protect the beautiful artwork on the covers. Nowadays it is the cheap dustjacket that contains all the artwork. They don't make 'em like they used to. Drawing Room Deceptions follows in the old tradition... a very classy book it is.

The material is difficult but there is one effect in the introduction that, aside from a simple force, is virtually self working if I remember correctly. This effect has been performed on television by Chris Korn I believe. He also performed it at this year's Magi-Fest in the close-up show.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1132 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Well, I'm late to this 'party'...REALLY late! In any event, just ordered it, and looking forward to busting some knuckles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Drawing Room Deceptions - Hollingworth (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL