The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Anybody know that levitation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

karipk
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of karipk
Hello magic friends....
A few days ago I saw a show from Eurodisney called "Disney's Night of Magic".
I estimate that it is from 1996-1997.
In this show The Pendragons performed a levitation just in front of the palace in fantasyland.
Does anybody know that levitation?(name,builder e.t.c)
Thank you in advance guys...
karipk Smile
zigmont
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of zigmont
That was a John gaughan Levitation. It is the basic (beginners kit) set up of Flying (Like DC). It around 50,000.00, Copperfields full fly 250,000. Nice Huh!!
Zigmont
Magic F/X
karipk
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of karipk
yes!....It is very very nice Smile
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
I'll take 5!
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
504 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Sounds like a cool show. Anyone know where I can see it? I'd never heard of it before now.
Tercero
View Profile
New user
Spain
51 Posts

Profile of Tercero
I have it recorded from spanish TV. If somebody is interested can e-mail me at: pedro@pedrotercero.com
Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6752 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi!

If I understand correctly, DC's is exclusive. I worked two shows using that system, and it is nothing like I've ever seen (seen quite a few, too). His team trained for a long time on that, and the story goes that even Mr. Foy wanted to have a look at it. Now I hear it's been upgraded, and even MORE deceptive.

The ones used by the Pendragons is similar, but custom-made for them, as well. Are you talking about the two-person version? That's an expansion on the above, but also includes another, hi-tech principle involved. I believe Lance Burton used a simialr system, and the latest ones have smoother control, plus they're faster.

Fascinating topic. Wish we could get into more detail, but that's 'zway it goes...

Doug
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I don't want to go off in another direction here, but about lance Burton......His flying car is soooo cool. I'm the biggest back to the future fan, and I loved the reference (when the wheels turn sideways). I'd love to see him do that with a specialy made Delorean
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6752 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Interesting you should say that, Jordini!

I was just looking over the plans for that, and thought the same thing...a DeLorean! I was also thinking maybe the appearing plane could use a replica of the Stealth Fighter to appear, with a military theme.

Just thoughts...

Doug
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Hey I know a good supplier of flux capacitors if that helps.

Seriously though the delorean idea sounds cool.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Anybody know that levitation? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL