The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Note by Matt Sconce (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
This is very simple and I'm sure many will come up with tons of ideas on their own.
Note is a modern update from something I read decades ago in the book The Discovery Of Witchcraft,but Note is miles ahead in some regards and way more organic for this day and age.
I like this alot!

Steve
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2011-08-04 23:43, Steve Haynes wrote:
This is very simple and I'm sure many will come up with tons of ideas on their own.
Note is a modern update from something I read decades ago in the book The Discovery Of Witchcraft,but Note is miles ahead in some regards and way more organic for this day and age.
I like this alot!

Steve

So glad you like it! I am excited to finally release this. Please spread the word and let me know stories and experiences you encounter with this effect. I am looking forward to hearing about them.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Meanwhile, Alan could also share his idea on request with those who can prove purchase...!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
420 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Yes please. I've been banging my head against the wall to figure out what I'm missing. Alan's description is driving me crazy
"Challenge Your Reality"
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2011-08-08 19:06, JosephKerr wrote:
Yes please. I've been banging my head against the wall to figure out what I'm missing. Alan's description is driving me crazy

You and me both Joseph!
dand243
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of dand243
I agree if I had alans handleing this would be a no brainer buy.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
We(paper crane) would love to hear Alan's addition and pass that info on to past and future "Note" customers but it's Alan's idea and he may want to keep it for himself. With or without the addition of Alan's idea the product is still an awesome product and one that magicians will use after they buy. The nature of how simple the secret is will allow for many improvements, ideas and additions that all "Note" buyer will have. I guess what I am trying to say is that it's the kind of effect that will have people coming up with their own tweaks to suit their own style.
P3
practice practice perform.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Very true. I would recommend it. you wull have loads of ideas with it
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
I remember having some talks with Matt in 2008 when Tagged was in production with E. My performance from tagged was floating around online for years (on my youtube account) and it was watching one of the performances that gave the idea to begin with. He was kind enough to contact me and discuss Phenomenon, Tagged clips he saw, etc. The method which we discussed was the first method with the simple gimmick that I used. When working with Tagged, it evolved by me adding to the basic gimmick for the purposes of directness and time management once ready to pull off the effect (those who have seen both would understand the pro's and cons here). Long story short, I'm a little surprised to see this come out although this impromptu version is not on our DVD. I have not seen Note and perhaps there have been changes and improvements but it still seems as if they would be from the idea inspired from my original effect or from the use of a similar tweak used by NBC with MIke Super on Phenomenon. The idea of tagging someone is awesome indeed and I hope it goes really well.
<BR>http://www.TheIceBreaker.com
<BR>Creator: Official Poker's Chip Tricks, Card Stunts, Shuffles & Cuts, Flourishes • Tagged • Serial Biller • This is Mentalism • Tricks to Pick Up Chicks • Blank Gag Books
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2011-08-10 12:38, Alan Rorrison wrote:

If I may ask Alan, will you be sharing with papercrane or those who can prove ownership? Looking forward to it!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2011-08-10 13:18, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-10 12:38, Alan Rorrison wrote:

If I may ask Alan, will you be sharing with papercrane or those who can prove ownership? Looking forward to it!

I am also excited to hear about this! I am glad people have been enjoying Note!
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
I just noticed "Note" is the #1 bestseller at the moment at Penguin. I feel honored and I think that is a first for one of my effects. Thanks everyone! I hope you have a blast with this!
krmagic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of krmagic
Hello guys. I have a question with this. Is the setup or the "gimmick" as big as the one in tagged?
papercrane
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
152 Posts

Profile of papercrane
No, not even close. This is a method that can be performed on the fly in most situations and with seconds of prep time you can stamp any word on the spectator. The setup is the easiest part of note.
Bondy
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Bondy
Is it a one time setup, or is there a limited amount of time before you have to setup again.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
You can set up as many times you want. With most other things there is a small set up required everytime which isn't instant, but who would want to instantly repeat this effect? If you really want to know how long it takes to set up again, it takes seconds.

You could even set up in front of people if you are comfortable with it. It could be done undetected. This is a very ingenius idea based on another ingenius idea which makes this a very useful tool when used properly. (I personally believe)

It is practical for table hopping, close-up, stage, strolling, etc. I don't see any limits on where you can perform this either. There is nothing big to carry with you, and set up can be done in less than a minute while walking to another table.

I also own Tagged, and while I do see simularities, I do like the improvements made by Matt that makes Tagged even more undetectable. I will probally combine the method of Note to the Tagged routine because I find the Tagged routine much stronger than those offered on the Note DVD.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Can this be used as a revelation for a center tear?
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
They don't teach that,but yes you can..
In fact,thats a great idea!

S
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
What exactly is Rich Ferguson saying? Seems he is claiming he created the impromptu method in Note.
What is that all about?
James

Quote:
On 2011-08-13 14:48, papercrane wrote:
No, not even close. This is a method that can be performed on the fly in most situations and with seconds of prep time you can stamp any word on the spectator. The setup is the easiest part of note.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2011-08-15 20:42, Xiqual wrote:
What exactly is Rich Ferguson saying? Seems he is claiming he created the impromptu method in Note.
What is that all about?
James

In 2008, I was doing a word to arm effect frequently and submitted my effect "Note" (Called "Whisper" at the time) to Ellusionist to see if they wanted to release it. I received no response, so I continued to use it and practice the effect that is now called "Note". A few months later, I saw Rich Ferguson was coming to the market with an effect called "Tagged" through Ellusionist. I had been discussing releasing my effect with Paper Crane Magic so, to not step on anyone's toes, I called Rich to talk about Tagged and make sure I was not releasing the same thing he was. We spoke on the phone and I told him my method for "Note". He said he was releasing a similar virtually impromptu method (with one element different than my method for "Note") along with the main method for "Tagged" on the DVD so, out of respect, I called Paper Crane and told them we would not move forward with my effect. I did not want to battle the market with a very similar effect if they were very similar in method to not detract from the profitability of Rich's "Tagged".

After "Tagged" released I saw the virtually impromptu method was never released on the DVD. I have waited 4 years to make sure I gave "Tagged" its run and not step on toes or the profitability of Rich's effect, and now I felt I could finally release "Note". It is getting great response and I am glad it can finally see the light of day. It is just one more tool we can use to create magic. I am very excited about it and hope people get a lot of it. -Matt Sconce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Note by Matt Sconce (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL