We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » BizarreMagick.com??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
There is good news on the horizon. Someone here in your midst has picked up the gauntlet. That person will make their presence known soon. May you all be a little more forthcoming with your thanks and help in perserving this treasure or it will surely die away.

Doug
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
rondasue
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of rondasue
Sounds great.
magicjosh2
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester. UK.
134 Posts

Profile of magicjosh2
That is the best news we have had this week Doug. It seems such a shame to let it die forever. Such a wealth of information. Lets hope it returns very soon. Smile
Best Wishes,
Mark
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Quote:
On 2003-08-28 17:27, Doug Byrd wrote:
There is good news on the horizon. Someone here in your midst has picked up the gauntlet. That person will make their presence known soon. May you all be a little more forthcoming with your thanks and help in perserving this treasure or it will surely die away.

Doug

Praise be! Sorry it's not your baby anymore. (For those who don't know Doug is a driving force behind many of the effects there.) But glad to see it is still alive.

WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of ventman
I can't wait, Doug. Thanks for the encouragement.
Tspall
View Profile
Regular user
Lumberton, NC
147 Posts

Profile of Tspall
It's a terrific site and I've learned a lot from reading it. I'm glad that it's still going to be going strong. Smile
Tony
"It's showtime!!"
My magic blog:
http://ahora_mismo.blogspot.com/
montz
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of montz
Well Doug, whoever it is, certainly has a hard act to follow.

Liam
rondasue
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of rondasue
I have been gone a few days. Has the mystery torchbearer surfaced?
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Greetings to you all!

This is Kay Tracy. Me and my partner Tory will be breathing a bit of spirit back into the BizarreMagick.com site. (See, it is not dead yet!)

We hope to have things back up by this weekend, so please be patient with us as we settle into the mantle/shroud that Doug has created!

While we may be taking over, and maybe doing a little makeover—we hope to maintain the quality and availability that Doug initiated. If there are things you feel are important to share with us, please get ready to do so (patience, just a little longer!)

If you just can not wait to share news, or other comments, feel free to PM me. If you have suggestions for things to help make the site stay alive, let us know also!

Thanks in advance for the support all!
Kay and Tory
Smile
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
I am looking forward to checking out the new site! Smile
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3812 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Well, thinking about that...

We are currently working on an American edition of the Surnateum site. It's a love affair and an important tool for bizarrists. But, we are not making any money with it; so I should consider closing it. Isn't money the only reason to do something ? Smile
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Well, we are set for the first year, and while I do not think we will "get rich" by any means, it is my hope that we will be able to keep the site up and open with modest sales of cards and other items. We will also likely have some affiliate click throughs that, if people are good to us, will help generate a few dollars towards this goal.

My personal view is that it is a site for us all to have and use, Tory and I are merely the facilitators if you will. (She promises me we will begin getting into the site pages tonight!)

Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
I'm not sure of your post was hostile or not Mr. Chelman (it's always hard to understand the inflection in a post), but why did you write Capricornian Tales? Why not just give the info away for free for the love of it. It's always about money. Love is just another commodity that can be bought if one has enough money. If you don't believe that, go home and tell your spouse you just lost a $100,000-a-year-job and see what the first thing that goes out the window (love). There is nothing evil about capitalism. I'm not ashamed I tried to make a profit (by the way I lost my hind quarters). Now it's Kay and Tory's baby. I wish them only the best, both contributionally and financially (though I don't hold out much hope).

Doug Byrd
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
I can only afford to publish a "free to read" book review site because I make enough money from my other ventures to support it. Doug gave away plenty on bizarremagick.com and tried to use that good will to earn milk money. When other means fail, you go with what you know, though I must admit that trying to make a living as a bizarrist in Winchester, VA, is a daunting challenge. I should know...I'm originally from 70 miles south of there (Harrisonburg) and can tell you that you're surrounded by miles and miles of tough crowds.
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I don't think money is the only reason to do things, but sometimes it can become one very good one, or at the very least it becomes a necessity to think in those terms. People need to eat you know. I'm an actress and I've done a lot of things for the pure love of it, but there comes a time when money has to come into the picture. Unless you are independently wealthy you have to make money somewhere, at some point! So without getting too political, I just think Mr. Chelman thinks little of our (American) capitalistic ways. It's his way of looking at things. All I can say is that I didn't pay for Capricornian Tales, (which I totally loved!) but someone did! BTW I really hope the site works out for the new owners.

Anabelle Smile
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Well, I don't want to come off as another breed of Californian (I can say that 'cause I are one!) and yes, it would be nice if we were able to have the site be a real and profitable business! (Happy happy joy joy.) It is just that I am still a realist, and there are many things I do because I like them, and have fun, and yes, the day job allows me to afford them. All that notwithstanding, I intend for Tory and myself to put forward the best material we are able. I know we have big shoes to fill, but I feel up to the challenge! After all, no guts, no hand of glory! (Wait, that's not right...) Smile
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3812 Posts

Profile of The Curator
My post wasn't hostile at all, Doug, and Capricornian Tales didn't bring me any money, even if it's a good selling book. In fact, you remind me that L&L own me some money...And in the Surnateum site, it's exactly what I'm doing, giving info for free. For the moment, in French language only.

But a site can be a powerful tool, even if it's not an immediate "money-maker", it can be a community maker and your site was one of the interesting one on the net, that's the reason why I regret his disappearance.

My next book (French only), The Compendium, won't be a money-maker as they will be only 800 exemplars made, but will be a good introduction for me for a larger edition of fantastic stories for the "muggle" world...Once again, we don't lose money, but invest in a interesting venue.

I don't think Dragonskull is a real money-maker either, but somehow, we are all constructing the future of magic (at least one of the possible future).

It just means that the disappearance of your site makes me a little sad, but I can understand your reasons.

Hope, always hope.
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
It's now in the able hands of Kay Tracy and Tory Parker. They will take it to place I could only dream of since I had no contacts in the dark realm.

I wish you well on your new book and hope you get your money from L&L soon.

Your Friend on the Dark Side,
Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » BizarreMagick.com??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL