The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Kudos for Bill-oon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13414 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I just performed this a bunch of times this weekend at a gig. It went over very well. I didn't "put" the spectator's money in my wallet as suggested on the "miracles while you wait" video, I just vanished it with my magic wand attempting to do the "multiplying money trick" and gave the spectator a balloon as a replacement (appology) for losing their money (which got a good lauch, especially when the bill was a $100). I had the spectator blow up the balloon for me every time. It worked great. They chose the balloon, they blew it up and handed it to me.

I popped the balloon by having the spectator hold a ball-point pen point up on the close-up table and I brought the balloon down onto the pen. Thought this would be the safest way.

I didn't think it would be that much of a hit but it was. If you can't do bill-to-lemon for some reason, this works great and is very repeatable.

Packs small, plays very big!!!

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
I agree. I was fooled the first time I saw Mark Jenest perform this. When I found out the method I had to slap myself on the forehead. Very cool routine.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
932 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
I am not familiar with this effect. Where can it be found?
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1689 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Ummmmm, dude??? Did you read the first post in this thread.

Mark Jennest's "Miracles While You Wait"

It is a fabulous video for $20. You get Billoon, Short Hop, Jiggernaut and others. A great video!

Quote:
On 2003-08-25 17:34, thegreatbarusky wrote:
I am not familiar with this effect. Where can it be found?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13414 Posts

Actually, it's one of the only effects i figured out the method for. I didn't do it for long time thinking it was too easy to figure out for that very reason. i never figure things out.
Mark Young
View Profile
New user
south florida
33 Posts

Profile of Mark Young
the method is brilliant

I've been doing a version of bill-oon for a couple of years now. I use smaller round balloons that will fit in a gallon sized zip-lock bag. it adds another small layer of impossibility and keeps anyone from losing an eye to flying balloon bits.

I don't use the wallet vanish either, I vanish the bill under a handkerchief

The video has some great stuff on it
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13414 Posts

handkerchief... hmm.... that gets me thinking.

how do you pop the balloon inside the zip-loc?
do you pop thru the zip-loc too?
Mark Young
View Profile
New user
south florida
33 Posts

Profile of Mark Young
I have 3 inch long needle that I attatched two colorful beads to for a handle. I keep it and the balloon in one of those mini brief cases.

pop the balloon right through the bag

Doing it without the bag felt weird sometimes, like someone might second guess what was going on. by doing it with the bag it seems even more impossible.
their bill HAD to have been inside of the balloon, how else would it have gotten inside the bag once the balloon was popped

I use a handkechief where the spectator "feels their bill" until the last second

Mark
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13414 Posts

Mark, do you just allow for one balloon? The spectator cannot choose their balloon from several?
Mark Young
View Profile
New user
south florida
33 Posts

Profile of Mark Young
Frank

I just use one balloon. letting them choose their own out of a bag of balloons is a cool idea - they can pick any color they want....as long as its black.

I could argue either side of - is it important for them to pick their own ballon. I can see pluses either way.

Mark
Crippen
View Profile
New user
Washington, D.C.
79 Posts

Profile of Crippen
I'm with Frank on this one. Give them a choice from a bag of black balloons. They may wonder for a minute about why you've got a bag of black balloons, but very soon they will have forgotten about that and be very puzzled by the main effect. Given even a small reason for the bag, they'll latch onto it and forget the bag.

That said, I bet Mark Young's different presentation is very pleasing and puzzling also.

Regards,

Crippen
Conus
View Profile
Special user
653 Posts

Profile of Conus
It's a great trick. I've used green opaque balloons without a hitch.

I like the idea of the zip-lock ...
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the effect?

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
anybody wanna tell the effect or where to read it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Kudos for Bill-oon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL