The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Attn: NYC Folks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bobert
View Profile
New user
Stephenville TX
88 Posts

Profile of Bobert
Greetings. I will be back in town starting August 12th. I already have a trip planned to hit a few magic/juggling shops in Manhattan with a friend on the 13th. If anyone wants to tag along, share a pitch, or just go get a few beers let me know.

-Bobert
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
How many "magic/juggling" shops are there in NYC?
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Bobert
View Profile
New user
Stephenville TX
88 Posts

Profile of Bobert
Combined not that many. lol. My friend is a juggler though and he wants to stop by Dube.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Not combined then, how many shops in NYC cater to either magicians or jugglers?
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Fantasma has juggling stuff as well as magic.
I'm no juggler so I couldn't tell you if it's professional equipment or not. Well, I can juggle 3 balls. Smile
Tannens is all magic; I think...

There are several costume shops; two, that I know of that have small magic section.

So that would make one that I know of...

???
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
OK, that's about what I thought. I can't even juggle three balls... although I used to be able to do three scarves!
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Silly Billy - David Kaye - lives, I take it, in central NYC. He would know what physical shops are there.
getsilly@aol.com
The presentation makes the magic.
Bobert
View Profile
New user
Stephenville TX
88 Posts

Profile of Bobert
Tannes is all Magic. I honestly don't know if Fantasma's juggling gear is professional or not. Dube from what I understand is professional grade. So I think that puts us up to one magic shop, one juggling shop, and one juggling/magic shop. It only took me a few years but I can juggle three balls too. In fact, when I am still building a crowd I juggle my Loads for the Cups. So I when I finish C&B I'm ready to start building a new crowd. Smile

Now the real question is: Does anyone want to meet up and share or pitch. Or a pitcher of a nice cold brew.
Bobert
View Profile
New user
Stephenville TX
88 Posts

Profile of Bobert
Just an update: I went out Friday and Saturday Night. Friday Night I worked out of pockets due to impending rain. The rain came and poured buckets for a few hours, so I went and watched a comedy show to stay dry. Went back out for a few more hours and had some fun. Saturday night dragged the table out did the Cups and other miracles. For the most part this weekend I felt like I was falling on my face this weekend. Trying to get back into the NYC state of mind. But as Jimmy says If you aren't sucking you aren't learning so I think I was learning. All in all it is fun to be back in the big apple. On a side note: I did visit Tannens and was less than impressed with the help. Sadly I've had much better service there.

Later
-Bobert
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Bobert wrote: "Friday Night I worked out of pockets due to impending rain. The rain came and poured buckets for a few hours, so I went and watched a comedy show to stay dry. Went back out for a few more hours and had some fun."
Hey, that was something I hadn't thought to do to fill some time.
Mind you, my Weekend Warrior busking is usually in a small city on Saturdays with the only practical time being between about 10.30 and 2 pm, so there's no need to spend a few hours waiting for the rain to clear so I can resume. I usually work out in the open, and if rain comes I shift to under a bit of shelter until the water runs into my gear area. Then it's pack up time for me.
One time I moved my gear to under a nearby shop verandah/cover and had a few balloon models out, only to be asked to move on by a security guard whose boss had had a complaint from the shop I was standing outside of. I had already made a point of being away from their doorway and was as far along the shop's window area from it as practical. I didn't argue, I just moved away.
The presentation makes the magic.
Bobert
View Profile
New user
Stephenville TX
88 Posts

Profile of Bobert
MagiCol: I am glad you liked the idea.

Also, I got out to watch Solrak29 perform today in NYC. We shared a few pitches and had some fun today. It was so nice to have a fellow magician around to get some feedback on technical details and to watch a show other than your own.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Bobert was awesome yesterday and it's really cool to share a pitch.
I think we motivated and leveraged each other; which I think added
to the fun.

He is also quite a craftsman as his table, pouch, and balls used for
his C&C are pretty nice.
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Attn: NYC Folks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL