The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » XCM Books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of goatears
Hey guys I would really like to learn a couple crazy flourishes but all I can find on line is videos. My computer is super slow and I'd like to find a website that is more picture or text based that teaches flourishes. I'm even willing to go get a book. Are there any websites like that out there?
AsL
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of AsL
I'm not so sure about any websites. Books? DEFINITELY buy The Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes. It's a little expensive but well worth every penny. A quick search will tell you everything you need to know about it....

All the Best,
Andrew
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of goatears
Cool, thanks:)
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Hi goatears, what type of flourishes are you looking to learn? Just a few to add during your magic effects (like fancy cuts, springing the cards, etc.), or are you wanting to string a routine of flourishes together in a card manipulation routine? The Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes is a great book, but there are a lot of alternatives out there that are not as expensive if you are just looking to add a few flourishes to your repertoire.

I use to have a lot of different websites with flourishes on them, but I'm not sure if they were only video based or not, I'll look into them and see if I can find them from my old computer.
AsL
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of AsL
Quote:
but there are a lot of alternatives out there that are not as expensive if you are just looking to add a few flourishes to your repertoire.

That's a very good point. If you're looking for some less expensive alternatives that'll teach you a few things to spice up your repertoire (basic one handed cuts, fans, etc.), there's some cheaper classic magic books that'll suffice just fine. My suggestion was under the assumption that you were looking for the most comprehensive book on XCM.
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of goatears
I consider my self somewhat well versed. I can do a solid syibil, hot shot triple cut, revelution. On top of that split fans and back palms are second nature. I guess I'm looking for sybil variations and arial moves, just to keep my fingures nimble.
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1177 Posts

Profile of Chris
The Encyclopedia is now available as a convenient download ebook at a lower price than the printed book. http://www.lybrary.com/encyclopedia-play......970.html
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
SKILL
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
145 Posts

Profile of SKILL
The Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes very good source to learn
In order to arrive at perfeccion
you must go through the failure
Japanese Thoughts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » XCM Books (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL