The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A Book In English by Woody Aragon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
A number of months ago I got an e-mail from Woody Aragon from Spain advising he was releasing a book in English. I had read some of Woody's material in Steve Beam's "Semi Automatic Card Magic" but forgot how great he was.

Woody sent me the draft of the book and I have to admit I didn't pay enough attention until I read Pit Hartling had sent Woody so I sat up and took immediate notice. Then I read Tamariz raving about Woody so I opened the file. Man oh man. I sat there with cards and book in hand and laughed out loud as I fooled myself with the first trick in these pages. I did it again as I didn't quite believe it and fooled myself a second time. My wife asked what I was doing and I asked her to take the cards and ran the instructions by her… she fooled herself and was delighted. What wonderful magic.

I instantly contacted Woody and advised I'd love to help him get this book out. Everything about it was just great. Incredible magic, sleights, and thinking throughout. The good news is it is at the printers and the proof sent. This book will surprise and delight you. If you are doubtful ask Juan Tamariz, Shawn Farquhar, Steve Beam, Eric Jones, many other top names who all rave about Woody Aragon. Many saw Woody at the national conventions in the USA recently and were praising his work. Many have asked when Woody's book will be out... you have about 6 or 7 weeks or so.

Much of the material in "A Book In English" is in print for the first time. Some of it comes from previous publications in Spanish but revised, rewritten and translated. Some of the material is Woody’s work on classics by other Masters. Much of the material in this book is mathematical in nature. But fear not, it does not appear to be mathematical. Woody “gets it”. Try it out and you will see that difficult sleights and moves are replaced with really really smart thinking. This makes the card magic look like real magic. For those who love sleights and moves do not worry. Woody is superb at sleight of hand and shares his work in this area as well. The material, the thinking is just TOP NOTCH. It's usable.

I read, watch, and see a lot of new magic. Rarely do I get as excited about a new item as I did when I read "A Book In English". What a great surprise. What a great book. Don't pass this by.

Tim Trono
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
Great news looking forward to it
magicdano
View Profile
Regular user
Danny Habel
144 Posts

Profile of magicdano
I saw Woody in Dallas that the IBM Convention. He was performing in the close-up contest. After seeing his magic, I must have his book. I felt he should have had first place up he won second, which is not bad either.
Now, I must dust off my Steve Beam books and check out Woody's works.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
I just received this book on Monday.

I LOVE IT!

I've only read and practiced 2 effects, but I will be using both of them.

"Finding Your Other Half" is a nice mathematical 4 card trick that involves ripping the cards in half and being able to find it's mate, all done in the spectators hand.

"Blessed Poker" is a great 3 phase Jonah Card poker trick in which you will win all 3 times. Woody beat the Spanish poker champion on television using this method. I love it!

This book has gotten no publicity here at all. Come on, guys- you don't like to read? Well worth the $50 that I spent on it, even if I only get those 2 tricks out of it. And I know that I'll get more than that. Woody has a take on Aronson's "Shufflebored" (which is a trick that I love!) that I'm sure will improve an already fantastic trick. I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. But I certainly will.

I have no benefit from pushing this book, other than to give you all some good material to expand your repertoire and to use in your performances.

Buy it. Use it. It's good!
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of nooner
I disagree that "this book has gotten no publicity here at all". This book was heavily discussed on this forum last year and (I think) was leading in the polls for Book of the Year in 2012 before that contest was suspended.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
OK, my apologies- I googled "Magic Café A Book in English" before I came on to post that, and this was the top thread that came up. I did not look any further- maybe I should have.

It's hard to do your magic stuff when you are at a real job and working, you know.

I'll go back now and see what else comes up. I definitely missed it the first time around!
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of nooner
No apology needed. I concur that the book is fantastic. I envy you working through it for the 1st time. Great stuff in there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A Book In English by Woody Aragon (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL