The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Fit for Kings Too!--review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2879 Posts

Profile of fonda57
You know, when I was a teen I was stil playing with TV Magic Cards and I thought I was into something good. John Gelasi is a teen and he's playing with real cards and creating good magic. What the hell?

Here's a run down of what I like about this new collection. It starts with Uproarious, which has four jokers changing one by one into four kings. One of the kinds is set aside and the others transform into the other cards making up a royal flush. And it's not even difficult to do, which, of course lends itself well to presentation ideas.
I also like Funny Assembly. I'm not going to say what happens here, let's just say that he doesn't do standard assemblies. I'm thinking this might work well with his Off Tempo Jazz Aces from Two Can Play at That Game, the book he worked on with that other teen fellow.
And then there's Hofzinser with a Twist. I'm a sucker for these types, and this one is very clear with no complicated fiddling with deck. The magic just happens and it goes down easy.
Almost Perfect is an almost perfect Ace Cutting effect in which you almost cut to the four aces but you miss by one. But so what? You can fix that right away.
There's also a miracle done almost entirely by the spectator, and video demos to with everything.These are fun, magical effects, available soon at a lybrary near you.
I j
JohnGelasi
View Profile
Loyal user
With just a snap, incredibly, I now have
228 Posts

Profile of JohnGelasi
Thanks for the great review, fonda57! Really glad to hear that you enjoyed the eBook Smile
KingOfDiamonds
View Profile
Elite user
Paris
425 Posts

Profile of KingOfDiamonds
Out of the last trick, I really enjoyed this ebook as it is very good, practical and easy to do (basic skills) magic.

Plus, you have a demo for each trick so it is impossible not to get how you are supposed to perform each trick.

He's a very creative guy and a performer that is enjoyable to watch.

I'm kind of ashamed that I have missed his previous releases and can't wait to take a look at the next ones!

If he keeps releasing products of the same quality, he will surely be a future big name in the art of magic.

Highly recommended!
FREE e-book OVER MAX: https://www.lybrary.com/over-max-p-923221.html?affid=3322 My version of Maven/Goldstein's "Double Overcut". No full-deck setup. Basically impromptu.

Other best-sellers e-books available at: http://www.lybrary.com/rapha%C3%83%C2%ABl-czaja-m-534.html?affid=3322

My Best Card Magic 2008-2016 (PDF) EXCLUSIVELY available here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/10111
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
I received a copy of this e-book and it was beyond amazing. My favorite routines of this book are Uproarious ( a beautiful routine) and Hofzinzer with a twist ( a crisp approach to the hofzinzer plot) The best part was that the e-book came with demos which were filmed in good quality and performed wonderfully! I really want to go to lybrary.com and but everything John has ever come out with !
JohnGelasi
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of JohnGelasi
Thanks so much, Raphael and Fonda. Really happy to hear how much you both enjoyed it! Smile
JohnGelasi
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of JohnGelasi
Thanks to you as well, Thinking Cap. I'm glad that you enjoyed the routines so much! Smile
JohnGelasi
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of JohnGelasi
For those interested in the ORIGINAL "Fit for Kings", from which this new sequel was developed, check out:
http://www.lybrary.com/fit-for-kings-p-107006.html

"John's enthusiasm for card magic shines throughout this material, 'Daley + 2' is a gem" - Paul Hallas

"These routines are a lot of fun and very commercial!" - Cameron Francis

It really is amazing quality material for any aged magician! Great job John, I think you will be a great force in years to come...." - Kyle MacNeill

Again, thanks for the reviews and support, guys. Hopefully more coming soon Smile
JohnGelasi
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of JohnGelasi
While we await a few more reviews to come back, I have 2 new packet tricks now available at Lybrary.com that I call the "Dynamic Duo" set.
http://www.lybrary.com/dynamic-duo-p-112526.html
There are 2 effects, which can be purchased separately, or may be bought together at a discounted price Smile
Thanks again to all those who looked/are looking over the review copies guys,. Can't wait to hear what you have to say Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6903 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
John, sent you an email regarding an idea for Write You Are. I think it's a really cool trick!
JohnGelasi
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of JohnGelasi
Thanks again for that, Cameron Smile.
Be sure to check out the new "Write You Are" PDF (see my signature) to not only learn my "Write You Are", but also Cameron's killer variation! No matter how you do it, it's a card revelation like no other.

Btw, I'm happy to announce that "Fit for Kings, Too!" is now available!

http://www.lybrary.com/fit-for-kings-too-p-114571.html

You can check out the nice reviews above to learn more about the eBook.

Enjoy the magic, everyone.

John
JohnGelasi
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of JohnGelasi
Hi everyone!

Since my old effect "Write You Are" was discussed a bit here, I thought I'd fill you in on the updated handling of the effect which is now available! If you haven't seen the demo for the new version yet, check it out on the purchase page: four incredible climaxes will very little effort and very few cards. Best yet, all of the cards can be examined at the end of the effect! This has been one of my favorite packet tricks for a really long time now, so I'm excited to share this new handling with you all! The new ebook contains the new handling, the old one, as well as Cameron Francis' awesome variation.

Here's the video demo: http://youtube.com/watch?v=mRxedWKQ-ps

Enjoy!

John

P.S. don't forget that my collection of packet brainwave effects, "Wave Epic", which is normally $14.95, is free for a very limited time as a thank you gift to all those who voted for me in my scholarship competition. Of course, you can still download it even if you didn't vote Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Fit for Kings Too!--review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL