The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wow the DOW. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Have to agree with Dave. Obama is very weak. He is way over his head.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
There is nothing strong about going against the will of the people so republicans aren't mad at you. When someone doesn't do their job right you don't call them strong, you fire them.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
"Oh yes, please let Romney put another conservative or two on the Supreme Court, landmark. Our grandchildren will be dealing with that mess, if we haven't accidentally poisoned all our land by then or been forcibly deported to China."

That horse is out of the barn already. There are at least five conservative judges. There will be no forseeable openings on the Supreme Court for the next twenty years. And "liberals" got little in the appointment of Kagan as she has recused herself in more than half of this year's cases, several of them quite important, and there will be more recusations to come, particularly with respect to healthcare. And take a look at some of the cases where she has joined the majority conservatives. Here's a link to some of the important cases of the last year and the way that justices voted. In almost no case did her vote make any difference at all.
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/......dex.html

No thanks, I'll take my chances on full Republican control, and getting people back into the streets again where they belong instead of Obama fundraisers.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 16:52, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 13:41, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 12:48, Close.Up.Dave wrote:

As for Obama, this weekend he truly showed how weak he is. I should have voted for Nader.

Hey Dave, I hear you, but I disagree. Obama is not weak at all. It takes an incredibly strong man to resist the will of the majority of the American people. Every poll is quite clear that the vast majority of Americans want the the rich to pay more in order to solve any budget deficit. And it certainly takes a strong and wily politician to put Social Security on the chopping block, an action which even his so-called political opponents didn't dare to bring up first. Again, that's a policy that the American people are strongly against, and therefore it will take someone like Obama to make sure it gets passed.

Yes, you should have voted for Nader. With any luck that might have led to a McCain victory. He would've espoused the same policies as Obama, but there would have been far more activists mobilized actually fighting for progressive change, rather than being stupified and co-opted by Obama's vague promises.

Me? I'm voting for Romney or Palin or Bachmann or whoever they try to scare us with next time. I'll take that dare. It's a slim hope, but four more years of this bi-partisan s**t is more than I can bear.
Oh yes, please let Romney put another conservative or two on the Supreme Court, landmark. Our grandchildren will be dealing with that mess, if we haven't accidentally poisoned all our land by then or been forcibly deported to China.

Look, it's not all about the President. We need more effective members in the House. The whole House is up for re-election every two years, and in some cases, just a handful of votes can win a seat. So leave hopey-changey be for now and get good people into the House.

Our grandchildren are already dealing with the mess your messiah has made! His appointments bite!

I wish, I mean REALLY wish we could throw out each and every one of them! Tea Party members included and start fresh! Have elections after each vote they cast. Make sure the public does not forget things.

Maybe if we got a bunch of people who had no idea how Washington runs, then maybe we could get things done for the people instead of Washington! Throw out BOTH PARTIES! Not a third party, a fourth and fifth party. Get rid of the old boys network, and anyone who knows how it runs. Finally make politicians accountable to the people again. That is what we need.

That is not a partisan rant by the way. (The messiah part was but not the rest.) I think that everyone is just as bad as the other. There is a culture in that city that causes this to happen. They get together and suddenly it is ugly. That is why the debt thing took so long. Between the Tea Party and there being no money to run things the way they normally do they could not get the votes in the normal way. No pet projects and no promises. It threw a glitch in the Matrix. Believe it or not I think it may have been a good thing. (NOT THE RESULT mind you, but the idea that they may have to change.)

Ya know also, everyone cries foul of Bush to make Obama look better. Well if the policy on the wars, taxes and all that are SO BAD why do we continue them? (Incidently I agree about the war! Pick one, why are we there?)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Obama is in over his head. No doubt.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 18:24, Close.Up.Dave wrote:
There is nothing strong about going against the will of the people so republicans aren't mad at you. When someone doesn't do their job right you don't call them strong, you fire them.

Dave, I'm not sure whether you disagree with my point or don't understand where I'm coming from. I suspect we agree more than we disagree.
So just to be clear--My position is that IMO Obama has always been a corporatist, quick to sell-out any so-called progressive position. This goes back to before the election, and has continued with the trail of broken promises as President. His historical role right now is to get the American people to swallow pro-plutocracy policies that no Republican President could ever make them swallow.
I think he's doing an excellent job at that.
That is why I don't think he is weak, but a highly-skilled liar and manipulator.
Granted, the bar is not high.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
"Ya know also, everyone cries foul of Bush to make Obama look better. Well if the policy on the wars, taxes and all that are SO BAD why do we continue them? (Incidently I agree about the war! Pick one, why are we there?)"

Danny I see that as real failure on both sides--When Bush was Prez, Republicans were silent about the insanity of the war, but (some) Dems spoke out. Now that Obama is Prez Dems are silent and (some) Repubs are speaking out.

But in general, IMO both sides have been far too silent about the number one deficit creator and drag on the economy.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 12:38, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 08:57, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 17:13, Dannydoyle wrote:
What ever happend to the hopey changey guy?

Whatever happened to the "Mission Accomplished" guy? The "Let's create jobs by giving tax breaks to the wealthy" guy? The "Give me a surplus and I'll turn it into a deficit" guy? I'll take Hopey Changey guy over him any day.

Ron

BUT THAT GUY YOU HATE SO MUCH IS NOT AN OPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is even MORE irrelevant each and every day! You can not win an election or run a country based on your irrational hatred of another president. Why can't you get that through your hea? Your messiah has made things far worse.

Danny,

I was never a Bush "hater." I did however, disagree with much of what he did. As an Independent voter, Obama was never a "messiah" to me (although I did vote for him and still support him). Furthermore, the term "messiah" as applied to Obama is a derogatory term that originated (I believe) from perhaps the most fervent right-wing hate monger himself - Rush Limbaugh. So when I hear the right-wingers use the "M" word, I know that it is tinged with it's own brand of hate. Anyway, as far as your statement that Obama has "made things far worse" (and with your original post in mind regarding the DOW), I refer back to my post which explains that the market would have to plummet to below 5,962 in order for things to be considered worse (from a DOW perspective) than they were in the previous administration.

I think we can both agree that the country is ailing and our leadership (both sides) leave something to be desired. Also, I think we can both agree that there is no magical, instant fix - no matter who is in charge.

Anyway, hopefully the DOW will rebound next week.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
It's a derogatory word with respect not to Obama, but to a select group of his followers.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
"I wish, I mean REALLY wish we could throw out each and every one of them! Tea Party members included and start fresh! Have elections after each vote they cast. Make sure the public does not forget things."

Reminds me of another idea I heard, that all laws should expire every four years, so they would have to focus on making sure the important ones were kept in place, and maybe the bs laws and regulations that bugger things up could fall by the way side.

Gotta make sure murder is still illegal in california.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Where does one go for voter's remorse? Can we have a do over? Smile

I never thought I would have seen Jimmy Carter get eclipsed in the inept dept., but Obama just put the cherry on the top.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Danny, stop it please.

Landmark- ever read The Shock Doctrine? Remember how Scott Walker had the National Guard on call when he announced his union busting? Under full republican control, those people on the streets will be in serious trouble.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Fixing the bull isn't that difficult. Eradicate 70% of the government and their earmarks. Stop the wars. Keep illegal immigrants out of the country. Put a 75% tariff on ANY imported goods. Make people earn their living and those who can't rely on their family, friends, neighbors, churches and charity organizations. Problem solved.
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 19:37, LobowolfXXX wrote:
It's a derogatory word with respect not to Obama, but to a select group of his followers.

I'll accept that if you accept that calling Michelle Bachmann a "Tea-bagger" is not in any way derogatory to her, but to a select group of her followers.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 21:11, EsnRedshirt wrote:

Landmark- ever read The Shock Doctrine? Remember how Scott Walker had the National Guard on call when he announced his union busting? Under full republican control, those people on the streets will be in serious trouble.

And Obama saved the day.
In some dreamland.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 21:16, MAKMagic wrote:
Fixing the bull isn't that difficult. Eradicate 70% of the government and their earmarks. Stop the wars. Keep illegal immigrants out of the country. Put a 75% tariff on ANY imported goods. Make people earn their living and those who can't rely on their family, friends, neighbors, churches and charity organizations. Problem solved.

I can pretty much get behind everything but these two:
"Keep illegal immigrants out of the country. Put a 75% tariff on ANY imported goods. "
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
And if you can't follow MAKmagic and GDW's ideals, you should go off into a corner somewhere and die.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

LOL!!!
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 21:24, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 19:37, LobowolfXXX wrote:

I'll accept that if you accept that calling Michelle Bachmann a "Tea-bagger" is not in any way derogatory to her, but to a select group of her followers.

Ron

Regarding the "Messiah" name, I can't imagine anyone's arguing the other side with a straight face. Is it supposed to be insulting to OBAMA to suggest that he's a savior, or divine? The insult is directed at those who think he can do no wrong.

Calling anyone a "Tea-bagger" seems to me to be directed at all members of the Tea Party (and as far as I can recall, anyone I've seen use it uses it every time they refer to a Tea Party member).
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The insult is put to those who insist he is just the greatest thing since sliced bread, IN THE FACE OF ALL HE HAS DONE! It is directed at him and his followers since he said he would stem the tides of the oceans. Remember Hillary making fun of him for that one? Oh I think it is not quite as insulting in the face of what he thinks of himself. The Greek pillars and the echo in his speeches, oh remember the followers fainting suddenly at his rally? Give me a break with the "tea bagger" comparisons. (Which not being a Tea Party member I could care less about.) He set himself up as savior and now I am calling him on it EVERY chance I get. Offended? Admit his shortcomings. Then we can talk.

Stop the wars. ALL of them. I think this is a pretty good start. I SERIOUSLY do! Not sure why we are there, in ANY of them any more. I think that the DOD being spared from cuts is CRAZY! I think it would be easier to find fraud and corruption and waste there than in medicare and medicade.

Fixing it is not a problem. Being WILLING to actually do it is the problem.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wow the DOW. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL