The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Walking and Chewing Gum (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nagi cpa
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of nagi cpa
Hello, I've recently become very time challenged with a new job and find the best times to practice are when I am walking to work or working out on an elliptical glider/treadmill at the time. Both times, I am moving. I do practice palming.

Does anyone have any suggestions for effects that can be performed while in motion? I thought doing something while walking might be a good warm up or way to attract attention if I am heading into a crowded area such as a park.

Sponge balls and maybe a card warp with jumbo cards come to mind but I can't think of anything else that would be visual from a medium distance and not require any patter.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Coin Roll. I used to practice it all the time, working, driveing, on the phone, in bars, you name it. It will often start up a conversation.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Rope magic is a good way to go. Espically somthing that repeats in phases like fibre optics.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
EldonFowler
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of EldonFowler
The ONLY time you have to practice is while walking or exercising?
You must be VERY busy!
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Card springs, fans, flourishes, productions; check out Mc Brides tapes. Let them know what you do as your walking up.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
I keep cards near my computer. I keep cards in my car. I always have cards near me and I always have at least one coin on me. No matter on busy I am I pratice. Is holding a deck of cards practice?
Life of Magic!
MagicD48
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of MagicD48
I used to practice the coin roll whilst walking around too, it was just irritating having to stop and pick it up every 3 steps. Not the greatest excuse for being late for work...

Maybe try some finger ring flourishes? Or Garrett Thomas' ring thing... You may get some funny looks though.

Wow this is my 49th post :-O
nagi cpa
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of nagi cpa
Thank you for all the great suggestions everyone.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Walking and Chewing Gum (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL