The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Selling more than one deck of cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
I'm sure I'm not the 1st person to figure this out. But today, it hit me. Why not price in 2s and 3s?

I'm selling the decks w/2CM for $8. Today, I began quoting "Eight bucks, 2 sets for 15 and 3 for 20". Of course, not every one bought the 'deal' but I did sell 3 2s and 1 3. Two of the people that got the 2 deal had 2 kids, the 3rd one had a neighbor's kid, so got one for his kid and one for the neighbor.

The lady who bought 3 got 'em for Christmas ("Only 146 shopping days left!")

Would I have sold 'em that way if I hadn't mentioned the 'deal'? Dunno, but I can tell you I'm quoting those prices from now on!

Jon
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Per Don's advice, I sell worms at $6 each, two for $10. And I do sell plenty of doubles, especially to larger families.

Since I was originally selling them for $5 each, I still make exactly the same amount on each one, but seem to sell more than I did before.

Another reason to pay attention to what Don says!! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
It can sometimes backfire when marks team up - ie: two marks can save $1 each if your selling two for $8, instead of paying $5 each. But it's still profit. It's easier to do when working ones-and-twos.

I often do this for grandma's that have lots of grandkids ... ask how many grandkids they have, then make them an offer for that many decks.

And since I use the Svengali as a kicker, I often offer to give them two decks for free if they have two kids ... that can close an otherwise difficult sale, and again ... it's still profitable.

-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
Learn JoeJoe's secrets at Magic Joint dot com
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
You don't let the marks team up, do you? Two decks to the same person, always.
-Matt
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
So the mark takes two decks, turns around and hands one to the guy next to him. They often know each other and came together and can easily team up to save money. That can be good or bad depending ... it's a trade off.

I think it works best during Christmas when people are more likely to purchase multiple decks to use as presents.

-JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
Learn JoeJoe's secrets at Magic Joint dot com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Selling more than one deck of cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL