The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 3 chop cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
So I'm ready to buy new cups for the Paul Gertner cups and ball routine and decided the johnson cups are the best cups for this routine (he used the johnson cups for this routine anyway) I already have 2 johnson chop cups I was going to use for the tommy wonder cups and balls, but they don't work out very well.

So I'm about to buy a 3rd chop cup. Are there any routines that use 3 chop cups?? I think it would be great to have either a 2 cup or 3 cup chop routine.

Would it be wise to just sell the 2 chop cups I have and just buy the regular johnson cups set instead?? I already have a paul fox set in brass, a sherwood set in smooth copper and the 2 johnson chop cups.

Thanks,

Stevie D
-Stevie D
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
1748 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
As to wise, I'd say that if we were wise, we'd only get one set of cups and stick to maximizing the potention from those. But where's the fun in that? Don't worry about wise. Worry about what you want to do.

I'm not aware of a multi-chopped routine, but I imagine it would be potentially pretty powerful. My thought is that you would be able to mix things up a lot more than if you only had one chopped. I'd suggest sticking with just the one chopped ball, but now any cup will be able to do its stuff with that ball.

Dang. Now I want to make up a set like that. Ideas abound.

Oh, and if you can afford it, just keep the chop cups and get a set of the Johnsons in addition, not as a replacement.

-Patrick
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Some time ago I posted a sequence with all three cups chopped. You have three balls that are chopable... you work your routine with non chop balls... then do the multiplication pass ringing in the chopped balls. You can now lift each cup and show nothing under each cup, then all of a sudden there are three more. You can also use 'em for David Regal's great routine.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
1748 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
I can't believe I mis-spelled "potential." What the heck would potention be? Combining potential and attention?

Anyway, Pete, that's genius. I have to think about that. And maybe buy three chop cups...

-Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 3 chop cups (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL