The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flush (linking rubber band) by John Stessel (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just received this ad from vanishingincmagic. It looks good but do not know if it needs refills and how many gimmicks you receive and if you can make your own gimmicks.

FLUSH

"The best rubber band trick I’ve seen in years."
—Alex Pandrea

Simple. Elegant. Impossible. You lightly hold two rubber bands at your fingertips. You touch them together. They link. You blow on them. They unlink. Both bands can be examined.

The problem with most rubber band tricks is that they require the magician to fiddle—to contort and stretch and loop the bands between each other and between the fingers. Well, the audience sees this. That’s a bad thing.

With FLUSH, there’s no fiddling. Two rubber bands are displayed, loosely held in the hands. They are gently tossed toward each other, and link instantly. It’s that clean. What’s more…it’s easy to do and easy to learn. FLUSH is a new method that opens up many avenues for linking rubber bands.

Includes DVD instruction, plus all props to add this trick to your repertoire. Co-produced with our friends, The Blue Crown. Just $15!
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
mickey.w
View Profile
Veteran user
HK
313 Posts

Profile of mickey.w
How is this different from the hype 3 years ago?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1665
chronica
View Profile
Loyal user
France 94 Vitry s/s
246 Posts

Profile of chronica
It looks really interesting. can someone who got it give a review please?
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
I ordered it! Impulsive order Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Hmm, the ad is written from a spectator's point of view, but not truthful in a literal sense. Looks very promising though.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Reminds me of Calen Morelli's rubberband link. Looks very good, and I like that it happens in the spectator's hand, and that everything can be examined. I may have to pull the trigger on this one.
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
Quote:
On 2011-08-09 14:06, mickey.w wrote:
How is this different from the hype 3 years ago?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1665

The main difference that I can see is that this effect has no reviews yet. Thanks for posting that link though Mickey. I am now thinking about getting Nabil's Link! instead. It is more expensive but it is more likely to have much more material that I will actually use and add to my rubber band routine that I use now. That said Flush does look very nice, although the "includes props" part scares me a bit. That likely means limiting the examination of the bands and or switches all of which are not needed for the classic CMH routine.
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Bands are examinable, and there are no switches. Props are very minor.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
oldspin
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of oldspin
I just got this and watched the whole thing. The rubber bands can be handed out for examination without any switching or fiddling. You can also easily make the gimmick yourself in only a few minutes.

I don't have the other linking effects mentioned above so I don't know whether the method is the same. I assume they're not.

Overall, I think it's a pretty clever method and I'm happy with what I paid for.
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
Thanks Gene and oldspin for your replies. Now I am even more intrigued by this product. Guess I will have to break down and get it. How great would it be to do CMH for someone as well as some of the other classic effects, like through the thumb, and then end by linking the rings a totally different way (the Flush way) in their own hands?
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Is it practical?
is there a lot of set up?
Can it be done for walk around?
Blake
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Quote:
Is it practical?
is there a lot of set up?
Can it be done for walk around?

Yes.
No.
Yes.
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Wow thanks
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
One last question,
Can I do crazy man's handcuffs and then move into this effect?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I'm willing to bet it is nor practable even though it looks grear on camera
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Vinsmagic: I just asked that in the above post and Genetony said it is.
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
It doesn't get any more practical than this. Almost impromptu.
zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
Just want to ask the same question BlakeAdams asked. Can you use the same rubber bands do other tricks before and after this.Do you need to worry to keep the gimmick there and get rid of it in front of the audience, which means you can be comfortable with the gimmick and without anyone notice it.
Thank you.
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
You can definitely use the same rubber bands from this for any other rubber band effect, immediately after. There is a tiny bit of 'evidence' you will need to eliminate, but you can do that pretty much in full view, easily. You won't be able to do CMH before this with the same bands though. Only after.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flush (linking rubber band) by John Stessel (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL