The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Phantom Deck (Haunted Pack) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Has anyone seen or used this gimmick? With it you are able to do a haunted pack with the spectators cards.

I have search on the Café but found nothing. I have tried http://www.mylovelyassistant.com but there was no reviews.

I would like to know if it is something to get or not.

Thanks
Ray
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Is this the one put out by Vernet guys in S. America? If so, I got it at FISM... not bad, takes a little practice but it works very well.

I still like Finn Jon's "Esoteric" Haunted pack on the floor best.
Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
lostnlonley
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of lostnlonley
hey, i use 2 methods for the haunted deck one the pack is examinable at the end and the other not, but i will addmitt i use both methods it is a very cool trick, pm me with any questions if u want

alan
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I'm not familiar with that version. If use of spectators' cards is important to you (it might be if you're performing for family or friends but shouldn't be for professional use), I suggest Yigal Mesika's version using elastic loops.

Regards, Larry D.
lostnlonley
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of lostnlonley
no i use a version than can be made with in seconds, it works really well, i don't know who its by a friend showed me it but it works well
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Mesika's version is already made for you.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Pete Biro,
Yes, I beleive that it is put out by the Vernet guys in S. America?

The haunted pack has been around a long time. I still do it and it always blows people away. I would like to be able to use the deck for other effects. That is why I wanted information on the phantom deck.

Of all the times I have done the haunted pack, I've only had two people try to select a card from the bottom half of the deck. It was funny to have a tug of war with the cards!

My question is this, is it easy to ring in and out? Does the motion (actions)look normal?

Thanks
Ray
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
I would go for spooked by nicholas einhorn, its better than esoteric you can even borrow a deck
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1804 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I am sorry to ask, but I have understood that spooked doesn´t use IT?
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
The Phantom deck is from the Vernet guys. It is nicely made and selfcontained. Needs some time to get used to the set up, but once you know that you can do the effect with any deck offered (which only matters with magician-spectators imho).
Keep in mind the deck is still held in the hand...

Nicholas' routine is beyond belief and I think the best on the market.
Yes Pete, I think it is better than Finn Jon's.

The reason I bought the Phantom pack as well is that in some circumstances you don't want to put your deck on the floor (beer, or worse...).
But the conditions of Nicholas' trick are so much better it is no fair comparison to any hand-held haunted deck.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

Profile of Devils Advocaat
...You should also consider 'Really Haunted' from the Stars of Magic series.

While the deck is gimmicked, it can still be shown to be devoid of any threads, wires, magnets, loops or whatever. This is because there are none.

I recently showed a friend of mine this effect, who is a scientist, and she was completely dumbfounded.

http://www.jbtv.co.uk/videos/reallyhaunted_hires.avi

Frank.

Click here to view attached image.
"My Karma ran over my Dogma..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Phantom Deck (Haunted Pack) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL