The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Briefcase Illusion (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
natmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
301 Posts

Profile of natmagic
Mine just arrived yesterday - I"m not a friend of anybody (especially on the Café apparently). I have a lot of 'magic plans' including most of Osbornes etc. and have to say this is the most detailed I've seen. The actual quality of the book is great, photos and plans show you exactly what is needed - unlike a lot of other illusion plans and books I've purchased this is not a pipe dream. Romhany has been doing this illusion for 20 years so it's a worker. I agree for $25 this is priced way too low. This is something I can build and will be using.. The video link is extremely helpful. I agree with Cris's review and give it a 10/10. Be nice to see other illusion plans as detailed as this!
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
Thank you Nat Magic and Cris. Yes this is a worker - I have been performing it for at least 20 years around the world - under every condition you can imagine. I've had more use out of this one illusion than any other I've owned. It really is such a versatile illusion - which I think is why it has proven so popular with so many magicians.
I looked at what is out there re illusion plans and books, and many are as you say, "pipe dreams" and have never been built. Having a video link, photos, 2D and 3D plans really make it easier for a person to see it and build it. Nothing is left to chance.
For $25 it is certainly great value for money. The emails I'm getting are all extremely positive towards the way the book is laid out and the detail that has gone in to making sure everything is explained.

I have just finished another project of another illusion by Wayne Rogers that includes the same concept for presenting plans - this one will be a full colour book with plans, photos and video link. It's a fresh approach to presenting original illusions that can be built at home. This will be on the market very shortly.

Thanks to everybody out there who has PM or emailed their support and comments- nice to get such positive feedback.

Kindest Regards
Paul Romhany
http://www.extrememagicmakeover.com
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
James - glad you liked the Multiplying Bottle Book from the Pro Series Collection. The new one I've just finished working on is Colour Change Hanky for The Pro-Series - will be out soon.
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Paul,
Your Multiplying Bottle Book is killer, the audio script was icing on the cake.
I just feel that a 10 out of 10 review does not exist.

I will be buying the briefcase book because it looks awesome and Mark Parker's is really hard to build, lol
Good luck with this book,
James

Quote:
On 2011-09-01 11:04, comedy wrote:
James - glad you liked the Multiplying Bottle Book from the Pro Series Collection. The new one I've just finished working on is Colour Change Hanky for The Pro-Series - will be out soon.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
koandy26
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
37 Posts

Profile of koandy26
Just recived mine one.
I am not sure it's it my problem of "understanding" or not, just compare to other plans I had. I still cant understand which part is which and how many individual part after a few hours reading.

It's really have lots of picture however I cant relate them together. For example, there is no exact measurement for the joint, the picture at page 1 is not the same shape as page 2Éetc..

Anyway, I still cant figure out how to buid it unless I get a clear blue plan.
koandy26
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
37 Posts

Profile of koandy26
Just recived mine one.
I am not sure it's it my problem of "understanding" or not, just compare to other plans I had. I still cant understand which part is which and how many individual part after a few hours reading.

It's really have lots of picture however I cant relate them together. For example, there is no exact measurement for the joint, the picture at page 1 is not the same shape as page 2Éetc..

Anyway, I still cant figure out how to buid it unless I get a clear blue plan.

I can say it should named "The concept of briefcase illusion" rather than "plan", if you really want to build it by youself or outside builder, you better re-draw all individual components on a new sheet.
johndamen
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of johndamen
Since this is my first post on the Café, I wanted to start with a bang. I finished building this a week ago and used it in show a yesterday. I couldn't be more pleased with it. Totally exceeded the expectations I had when I originally ordered the book. It represents the most true form of the expression 'packs flat, plays big'. I must admit that I didn't find the book particularly 'easy' at first due to the metric system (lol...Im a 'standard' type of guy...feet and inches), so it was like Chinese to me (millimeters?, why not centimeters at the very least?..lol), but I was able to apply the measurements to a standard layout in no time, and putting it together was not difficult at all. I've built my own props, cabinets, floating tables etc. for some time, and this was far easier to make than many of the projects Ive done. Bottom line, between the book and the price of materials, one CANNOT do better than this for a versatile stage piece.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2011-10-15 05:30, johndamen wrote:
Since this is my first post on the Café, I wanted to start with a bang. I finished building this a week ago and used it in show a yesterday. I couldn't be more pleased with it. Totally exceeded the expectations I had when I originally ordered the book. It represents the most true form of the expression 'packs flat, plays big'. I must admit that I didn't find the book particularly 'easy' at first due to the metric system (lol...Im a 'standard' type of guy...feet and inches), so it was like Chinese to me (millimeters?, why not centimeters at the very least?..lol), but I was able to apply the measurements to a standard layout in no time, and putting it together was not difficult at all. I've built my own props, cabinets, floating tables etc. for some time, and this was far easier to make than many of the projects Ive done. Bottom line, between the book and the price of materials, one CANNOT do better than this for a versatile stage piece.

I agree- for the price this is steller. I am going to use it to just keep producing my props needed for that particular show I'm doing. The never ending producing prop desk! This thing is sweet!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Briefcase Illusion (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL