The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What is your simplest, most effective close up trick? (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
magicdave56
View Profile
Regular user
Ellisville, MO 63011
195 Posts

Profile of magicdave56
Scam school have some good ideas.
Riffle
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Riffle
Bottle cap in bottle, using a PK ring. BAM and immediately hand them the bottle with cap inside, fully examinable. Easy, direct and simple.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Quote:
On 2013-07-11 09:05, GlenD wrote:
Now that I have "Skycap", I have used the pen thru card/cap version a couple of times followed up by "Re-capped" after explaining that its all done with the magic pen!

Re-capped remains one of the funnest and simplest impromptu routines that I still frequently perform.

Glen

Gotta agree with Glen. Re-capped is IMO the greatest bit of impromptu magic there is. I've changed it around a bit from Greg's handling (not a better handling, works better for me) and I do it more than any other trick. Always a pen around.
I work in an Emergency Room. Often the kids are afraid of being in the ER and wont allow themselves to be examined. Re-capped breaks the ice with them. This one trick was alone worth the price of that $50 dvd set (although that DVD set has some of the best impromtu gold you could ever want).
RandyK
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of RandyK
I carry Extreme Change in my wallet for something very visual. I also like any kind of effect that uses common money, I.e. quarters, pennies, dollars etc. I agree with rainboguy. Get Bobo's coin magic and practice, practice, practice.
MichaelMann
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of MichaelMann
Crazy Man's Handcuffs and Coinms Across.

MM
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Sponge Rabbits.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2014-01-25 02:24, MichaelMann wrote:
Crazy Man's Handcuffs and Coinms Across.

MM

What is Coinms?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
There are a few I like to do, including…

- Sankey's "Leaving Home" - I just love this trick. Smile It's so inviting and so amazing every time I do it. I typically wear the key on a string around my neck and someone always asks me about it and away we go! Smile

- Vanishing Hanky - The old TT is still some of the most amazing instant magic there is anywhere. It never fails with children of all ages. Smile

- The Bagless Purse - This thing just astounds people. I just do something simple like first, I show the purse frame very fairly and open, and then reach into it and pull out a big Silver Dollar! Smile Just the overall impossibility of it blows people out their shoes! Smile

-Tenkai Pennies - Learned this little coin trick a long time ago, added a nice move to it that makes it even more fooling and magical, and been doing ever since. Well, I am mostly a coin guy. Smile

And so finally here…

- Just One Coin - Really, that's all I need is a half dollar and I can do several vanishes, productions, penetrations, miraculous coin crossings, pulled from behind an ear, out of a pocket or right through a table. You should see their faces. Smile

These are all battle-tested closeup effects, fairly simple to master (if you practice) and guaranteed to amaze everytime out. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
Ace by R Sanders

Wild Wild Best

Total Magic

Royal Revealment

Royal Assembly & so on there are to many to do I love impromptu effects stuff from Roy Walton Karl Fulves Nick Trost are great for it,
faro
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of faro
Sponge ball's reaction of the spectators is a must for everyone...imho
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
2 Sponge Balls
One half dollar
2 rubberbands

I now have a little "show".
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
I work at disneyland and so the amount of time I have to just "do magic" is very limited. However, one of my favorite things to do to make a child's day is to do some bubble magic.

Parents buy their kids these electronic bubble guns all the time that produce mass amounts of bubbles. They are actually pretty cool! So I thought of an idea to be able to interact with the kids who have these bubble machines.

First I say "can I show you something cool with the bubbles?" They blow the bubbles and I grab one in my hand and squeeze it, causing it to "vanish". I say "see look, I made it disappear!" Of course the kids and parents laugh, but then I say "Do it again, I am going to try something different.." They blow the bubbles again but this time I produce a glass ball and the look on their faces, both kids and adults is one of "WOW! did he just grab that bubble out of the air?" haha

It is the little things and the use of your surroundings that can play a big part in your magic.
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
SPONGE KONG
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of SPONGE KONG
Bill Change with TT goes a long long way!😎
RLMASKI87
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of RLMASKI87
It's funny I just did Cazy Man Handcuffs just now because one of my colleagues saw magic Café on my screen and asked if I new any tricks. I almost always have some bands on me. Simple, but it did blow their mind.
MagicRhett
View Profile
New user
Cumberland, MD
54 Posts

Profile of MagicRhett
I usually carry sponge balls with me, lots of tricks to do with those. I also do ring magic with my wedding ring. Always have that lol.
MichaelJae
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of MichaelJae
Simple and effective with no props: the fingernail routine found in Martin Gardners Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic. Only requires two hands. Its a stunner!!
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
John T. Sheets' QB. Hands down. Always with me.
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
Perfected Center Tear and Osterlind's Inside The Fold.
Annemann's Question and an Answer.
Corinda's 3 Little Questions
TomasKancyper
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of TomasKancyper
2 card monte always gets incredible reactions
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
At the moment, for me, it's Turbostick (though I guess any cool paddle stuff would fit the bill). Fairly cheap, easy to learn, visual, quick and always gets good reactions. Easy to carry too Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What is your simplest, most effective close up trick? (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL