The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Instructions for Scotty York's Passport Wallet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ya4davecox
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
124 Posts

Profile of ya4davecox
Hey gang -

I bought a Scotty York Passport Wallet, and it did not come with instructions. Does anyone have this wonderful prop? I would love a set of the instructions, and I thought some awesome individual on the Café might be willing and able to help a fellow magician. Thanks!

Cheers,
- Dave Cox
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
There are some routines that I believe Scotty had in the instructions such as a card to wallet, A bill routine and maybe one or two others. Granted there isn't much to know about how the wallet works but if you want to know the workings of the effects that Scotty had designed to use with his passport wallet it is helpful to have the instructions.
The Passport wallet is not being made at this time but check with Denny Hanney and see if he can dig up the instructions for the passport Wallet for you. Denny has the right to all of the marketed Scotty York items. Denny may have a set of instructions somewhere that he can copy and send to you.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
One of Scotty's routines for the wallet was published in Genii several years ago before Kaufman owned the magazine. If your a subscriber, try searching their online databank. I see to recall Bulgaria was in the name of the routine.

I'd love to find one of those wallets.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
You are correct Motown I do remember that Bulgaria was the name of one of the effects. I too would like to find one. I did see one about 8 years ago and Andy Gregget's booth at a WMS but I had already spent my funds buying other things from Andy earlier so I was S.O.L. But they are found being sold once in awhile it seems.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Andy always has great stuff.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Yes he does. I have spent more time at his boot at the WMS than any other dealers booth. To me his booth is always THE Only booth.
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
There were only two routines I can remember in the "instructions." Really it was more like a small manuscript.

The routines were 1) Escape from Bulgaria and 2) The Kinky Queens from San Cristobal. At least that is all I can remember right now.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Escape from Bulgaria, that's the one that was written up in Genii.
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
I finally a got a hold of one of his wallets.
– Karl Germain
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
"Escape From Bulgaria" was recently written up again in the March issue of Genii Magazine. York's Passport Wallet is just a Himber wallet made out of two passport wallets sewn together. You can perform York's effect with a regular Himber wallet if you don't have this prop and it will work out fine.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
The original wallet he sold wasn't made that way.
– Karl Germain
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On 2013-05-29 14:24, motown wrote:
The original wallet he sold wasn't made that way.

That's interesting, Motown. Then it would imply that York's passport Himber was built from the ground up when York was selling them. In the Genii article, he suggests the back to back sewn method. I'm guessing that by the time of the article he no longer had them and recommended this method as a way of manufacturing your own passport Himber.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Instructions for Scotty York's Passport Wallet? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL