The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » best magic book publisher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
what is your favorite magic book publisher?

I go with Hermetic press - each and every book I bought from them was really good. well written, well illustrated and felt like a book (and not like a plastic combed booklet...)

Richard Kaufman books are also very nice.
Law
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Law
The Miracle Factory produces amazing books. Their Al Baker book will keep me busy for a long, long time.
thimblerig
View Profile
Loyal user
Bellevue, WA
273 Posts

Profile of thimblerig
Frankly, I think we are blessed to live at time when we have access to so much well produced quality magic literature.

Kaufmann and Greenburg, L&L, Hermetic Press, and The Miracle Factory all come to mind immediately as purveyors of excellent quality materials.

Cordially,
tr
Smile
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
329 Posts

Profile of DaveS
I agree about Hermetic Press... I have about a dozen of their titles, including several on mentalism, and they're all keepers!

"Paramiracles", "Theater of the Mind", "Mind, Myth and Magic", "Paul Curry's Worlds Beyond" "Life, Death and Other Card Tricks" and "The Books of Wonder" are some of my all-time favorite books.
DaveS
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
cardican66
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
222 Posts

Profile of cardican66
I agree, and would like to throw in Dover books.
Regards,
LLoyd

Experience teaches only the teachable.
Aldous Huxley (1894 - 1963)
vwc06
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of vwc06
Hermetic is awesome... I really like Kaufman too. And oh yeah, the Dovers =)
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-08-28 01:55, vwc06 wrote:
Hermetic is awesome... I really like Kaufman too. And oh yeah, the Dovers =)

How does a person choose a "best" when you have such a great group to choose from? My sentimental favorite would have to be Hermetic Press--I just really like Stephen Minch as author or publisher. But, on any given day, in slides Kaufman. OOPS!! and now I have to go with Dover books (great value, great substantive materials and I love reading reproductions of all the old magic books). Darn!! I just cannot choose a favorite.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On 2003-08-27 11:23, thimblerig wrote:
Frankly, I think we are blessed to live at time when we have access to so much well produced quality magic literature.

So true. Whenever I am ready to purchase a new book I feel like a kid in a candy store.
robertwong
View Profile
Loyal user
Calgary, Canada
212 Posts

Profile of robertwong
Hermetic Press and L&L get my vote! Both publishers produce excellent products!

Robert. Smile
Gerben
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
36 Posts

Profile of Gerben
L&L, Hermetic press and Kaufman and Company are all good, I don't consider one better than the others
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
I'm going go with Kaufman, everyone of his that I own I wouldn't even dream of selling. Smile Smile

Magicman0323
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Dover books are good. They were the company that publised the Karl Fulves Self-Working booklets.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I personally judge my books on the content rather than by who published them. A good book is a good book no matter who wrote or published it. All those mentioned have produced some good books, but they probably all have some titles they wish they hadn't bothered with..

Paul.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » best magic book publisher (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL