The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paper Crane and Dan Harlan team up for a little R&B (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
papercrane
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
152 Posts

Profile of papercrane
Hey I wanted to drop by and tell you about a new product for instant download we have from Dan Harlan. This new instant download and DVD has some really great effects using the red&blue back gimmicked card. You will see impossible effects that are done under test conditions. There are awesome transpositions, some really strong sandwich effects, color changes and some really great entertaining mentalism. This is a product takes an underused gimmick and breathes new life to it and will make you want to use it. In my opinion what is really great about this product is that all the effects are given the Harlan treatment so you know you are going to get entertaining routine with methods that contain as little sleight of hand as possible, the way magic should be.
Here is the product link
http://www.papercranemagic.com/rb.htm
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I saw some footage from this a little while ago and I it was great. But then again, it's Harlan so what do you expect?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Can beat a bit of Harlan, this looks terrific!
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I love Dan doin the slow groove R&B singing on the demo..... more awesomeness from a master!
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Great DVD Harlan makes this underused prop sexy again.
P3
practice practice perform.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Underused? Speak for yourself! I love me some DBs! Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Can you make them as sexy as Harlan though Cameron?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Are you kidding me? I got some fine women during my college years usin' DBs. it's all in the timing. After a heavy make out session, I would pull back and say, "You are one fine red hot momma... And speaking of red hot momma, here, pick a card, baby."

they had no choice but to surrender to the seductive power of the DB.

But back to the topic at hand, I'm looking forward to seeing all of the routines on this dvd.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Quote:
On 2011-08-14 09:26, Cameron Francis wrote:
Are you kidding me? I got some fine women during my college years usin' DBs. it's all in the timing. After a heavy make out session, I would pull back and say, "You are one fine red hot momma... And speaking of red hot momma, here, pick a card, baby."

they had no choice but to surrender to the seductive power of the DB.

But back to the topic at hand, I'm looking forward to seeing all of the routines on this dvd.

ROFL!
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
Are they mostly sandwich effects? There isn't much of a description of the 9 routines.
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
Cameron you never lost your touch I'm still under your powers.....DB & Harlan this is a no brainer.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
To answer the poster above, their are a variety of different effects.
P3
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
If you look at the r&b cover art on the front page of the paper crane site you will see Dan on the cover. That cover art is inspired by a famous African American rock soul singer, the first 3 people to PM with the singer that the cover art is based on will receive a free download of R&B
P3
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
PM sent about the cover Smile

Demo effect looks nice so I'm looking forward the other effects.
Got a bunch of db's which I do not use at the moment..
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
PM Sent.

sdmagic
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
2 people out of 3 got the right answer.
P3
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Lol...that background vocals at the end are awesome
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Contest is over and sales are going strong so let the reviews begin.
P3
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
I was one of the lucky winners and I've got about half way through the download. So far I like the routines and as always Dan has a great personality and teaches well. Beginners should have no problem and more advanced card workers should have their creativity sparked, but may not learn anything completely new. The only thing I don't really like is the format. The beginning shows the effects performed for spectators, but they are not shown in any order and some are repeated a few times. It's not a huge issue, but the performances are all in the beginning so you have to deal with the duplicate performances to get to the explanations. Once again, it's not a huge problem as it is helpful, but I think the format could have been better. I'll post more thoughts about each effect after I finish the download.

Adam
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
As soon as I heard about this I went and purchased the download. I am a big fan of Dan Harlan, and I am a big fan of PapercraneMagic. I've never been a big fan of DB's but only because I never knew what I could really do with them.

It's entertaining to watch Dan perform the routines, and just as entertaining to watch and listen to him as he explains everything you need to know to perform any one of the routines he demostrates. This could even get your creative juices flowing!

Thanks to Dan Harlan and Papercrane Magic I now know what I can do with DB's now, and be able to create cool effects utilizing them.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paper Crane and Dan Harlan team up for a little R&B (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL