The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Psychic and magick night (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
I have just been booked for a psychic and magick night for an Army wives club, my plan is
1.First half a mental/ psychic type performance
2.A spooky(?)magick show
3.Individual readings for those who want them.
Has anyone done anything recently like this before, and would like to pass on some words of wisdom.
O and I think I might have reached 200 posts(and I thought 50 took long)

Smile Smile Smile

The coffee is for the tee-total'ers
Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
As a small suggestion solely from personal experience you may be better off starting with the magic then moving to somthing more serious and personal like the psychic work followed by the offer of personal readings. Mixing magic and mentalisim is taboo to some but I believe it is completely possible if approached in a realistic way... For example right now I am developing a persona that is effectivly a magi who also has a passing fascination with sleight of hand and magic. Just a suggestion though, we each find our own patha nd what works best for us. Best of luck in your comming show!
Wil.
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
Thanx for that i will definately put some thought into it.
All i am worried about is maybe my psychic set is not as strong as my bizarre. Smile
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
From a business stand point, I never do private readings for free. It is better to convince them that you have psychic abilities, and when asked to do a private reading, give her a business card, and have her call you to set an appointment. Smile
restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
As a former military member, I would do some research on ghost at the base you are going to, now there is something they will already know, think of the fun you can have with that! Every base, I have ever been to has a ghost story!

I like mark's viedos on this subject they are worth a look, he does the mental/ psychic type performance. Readings are fine, as long as you are going to have a back of the room sale.

Hope that is useful to you.

Rest
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
None of my readings will be for free and they have even set aside a small room for it.
What do you think about having a comments book, so people can write at the end? Smile
rondasue
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of rondasue
will you sell pitch books?
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Yah, a scary show for wives of soldiers? Maybe you can tie in a story of DEAD soldiers too! Kidding! Just kidding!
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
The idea of researching the ghosts on post is a very strong one. I spent 9 years in the military, and I agree that almost every base has some ghost stories that go along with it. If you can tap into those, it will go a long way toward the temporary suspension of disbelief. Of course you must be carefull. It would probably not be a good thing if all of a sudden all fo the Army wives were demanding to move off base! Smile

Good luck with your performance. Let us know how it goes.

Dave
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
With regard to the base ghost stories, be careful. We are at war (sort of, without declaration and all that) and our troops are in harm's way. Others will be going as well.

Make your ghost story so old that it will not have as direct an impact on the wives as a more recent one might.

Upsetting them and making them cry because your story hits too close to home might not be a good idea, IMPO.

BUT - if you are doing something like spirit writing, haunted key or the like, you can still ring in the ghost and keep it out of the touchy areas, I'm sure.

One other thing - militarty wives, in my experience of them, are into stories where the ghost SAVES some soldiers and the like. It gives them hope.

Work that in and you will work there again and again, maybe even getting referrals to other posts as well.

Break a leg!

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
The funnuy thing is i work there already(day job) and have for years and i don't know any ghost stories
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Lee makes a very good point, and one that I meant to address. Our troops are in harms way. Often times the ghosts that are spoken of on base are kind of mascots or protective spirits. It would be wise not to speak ill of them, without knowing the story. Do your research. Heroism has very real meaning for many people in this type of group. You may want to play on that, but be careful. The suggestion of using a ghost long dead is an extremely good one.

Likewise, Lee's comment that our troops are in harms way is very important. Think long and hard about anything you do for this group, be it readings or ghost stories about how it could be interpreted regarding those who are presently absent. This is meant to be entertainment after all. That does not mean that it can't be spooky or even scary, just be careful of possible interpretations.

Well, enough said. Have a great show.

Dave
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
Without giving to much away i do appreciate that our troops are in harms way i have recently returned myself,
But i don't plan on anything to do with the military.
Not the best time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Psychic and magick night (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL