The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » What Are They Known For? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
I was thinking today, as I do on occasion, about some of the more well-published magicians on these Forums. After going through many of the posts, it seems that when I now think about some of the members here, there is usually one or two things about them that stick out in my mind.

I thought it would be fun to open it up to everyone, and ask you to name one person who has contributed to the Café for awhile, and what sticks out in your mind when you think of that person. It could be something as simple as an effect/prop they're always promoting, or something else that made an impression on you.

If you've been posting for awhile yourself, you might want to keep an eye on this thread. Who knows? You may soon see your name here, along with what sticks in people's minds about you (for good or for bad)! Smile

Here's mine:

Peter Marucci -- Miser's Dream (after all, no kid thinks you're a real magician until you've pulled a coin from behind their ears!)

Ken Scott -- Showtech (every kid's magician should have one, even for home birthday parties!)

Brian
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
My parody of:
magic4u02 -- I'd like to thank you for your comments in this forum. The previous post was well said and I must say that I agree. Everyone has brought up some very valid points.

p.b.jones -- My kids character is one of a competent Wizard. Young children still appreciate real magic. I cringe when I see those Namby Pamby magicians with their cutouts talking like an old Granny.

magic4u02 -- Again, another very good point that was well said. I also agree with that. There have been some valuable contributions so far. Keep them coming.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
You're wrong about Peter Marucci. He is permanantly associated with any Scotch and Soda thread that may come up. Once the thread starts, it is only a matter of time before he will graciously offer his gimmickless Scotch and Soda routine.
Click to visit:
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Reed McClintock - for his uncontrollable enthusiasm!

Curtis Cam - for his clear, concise approaches and wealth of information!

Lance Pierce - for being Lance Pierce!

Steve Brooks - for his generosity, kindness and consideration, as well as his dedication to the art...

Maya - for being an Angel...

Mike Powers - for his obvious virtuosity, and for supporting his mentors, especially when they can't defend themselves...

Geoff Latta - for coming out of hiding...

Jon Townsend - for his philosophical musings - they make me think...

Whit Haydn - for sharing his years of performing experience, for the many wonderful ideas I've stolen over the years, and for reminding people that there were people before us whose shoulders we would do well to stand on (Maskeylyne and Devant come to mind)...

There are more, but my brain hurts...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
pchosse always has nice informative posts, and stories of the past.

dpe666 is evil. haha, I know he likes to hear that.

blindbo always has some funny witty comments. He is serious and humorous at the same time. I like that.

-Craig
Who is John Galt?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
There are many Café members who could make this list .
however I would like to add the ladies Bceause they are few in numbers, but they pack a big wollop with ther very informitive posts.
here are my choices..
1.Chrystal
2 mya
3 Ellen
4 Ice raven
5 Margarette
VINNY
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
My vote is for Vinnie

I enjoy reading all the post, regardless if someone is well known or someone starting out, everyone has an important contribution.

Sigh... but Vinnie always manages to put a smile on my face. Smile
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
Chrystal--Always kind and good.

(Just one question, Chrystal. Where do you hide your wings?)
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
>>frantically polishes halo...makes feeble attempt at humor.

Hey Wolfgang I have wing tipped shoes!! Smile
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Dan Watkins writes: "You're wrong about Peter Marucci. He is permanantly associated with any Scotch and Soda thread that may come up. Once the thread starts, it is only a matter of time before he will graciously offer his gimmickless Scotch and Soda routine."

Yipes! I slmost missed that!
Certainly, if anyone is interested in my No-Gimmick Scotch and Soda just e-mail me and I'll send a copy of my Showtime column from the Linking Ring, with that in it, right back.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » What Are They Known For? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL