The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Buddha Money Papers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I have close to one hundred of these that I purchased from Thomas Medina at FunInc. A few years back. I'm interested in having my apprentice pitch them whilst I'm busking so he can gain some face time. Please share some performance or pitch ideas here, if you would be so kind. I pitched it by changing a single bill into four quarters and then using those same quarters for a matrix routine.When I ran a shoppe these puppies used to really move.

I also used them to perform a tear and restore business card.
It's an underrated self-worker with a remarkable history in the carny pitch.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
I used to pitch the Buddha Papers, but never had as much success with them as I did with the Svengali Decks and the Magic Worms. I changed a half dollar into a Chinese holed coin.

BTW, Robbins also sells its own brand of Buddha Papers, very good quality and packaging, and at about half the price of FUN, Inc. The Robbins version doesn't have the fancy cardboard sleeve like the FUN ones, but I don't think that's important. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
chefmagic
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of chefmagic
You can have the children do it to their parents or family. Have them put a coin in and when they unfold the paper have the other say thanks for the quarter. Works great in my area and has a laugh with it as well.
Mike

Magic Legacy - Low prices on great magic!
www.magiclegacy.net
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Cute idea and cute routine, Mike!! I hadn't thought about using the Buddha Papers for a straight vanish.

But I think I'll stick to the decks and the worms for now. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
chefmagic
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of chefmagic
Thanks Seth.
Mike

www.magiclegacy.net
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
What a humorous and self-empowering approach for children to perform and create wealth simultaneously!
Thanks Chef!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
chefmagic
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of chefmagic
My pleasure. Devious
Mike

www.magiclegacy.net
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I just wanted to update my first post. I have completely sold out of these puppies. I'm reloading for next month.

I bring out the papers and ask for a spectator's bill, I then convert it to coins and say the following
"When Obama ran for president, he promised change, when all I ever got was loose change", (slowly revealing the coins simultaneously.

I then use the coins for a matrix routine with a jumbo coin production.
I heard a lady tell her boyfriend, "Honey, you just bought some papers.", He replied, "I know cool huh"?
I also guarantee them for life!

All the best!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
David Tower
View Profile
Regular user
David Tower
124 Posts

Profile of David Tower
Devious,

If you can get your hands on a copy of the September 2007 issue of MUM magazine, they printed several pages from a small treatise booklet I wrote on the Buddha Papers. There are several dozen effects using this wonderful prop and most of them are very different from one another. I am sure you can find several things that you could use.

David Tower
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Why thank you Brother Tower. I shall hunt that issue down sir. Have a wonderful week.
All the best!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
My favorite routine for this prop was in Robert Neil'S book "tricks of the imagination" I believe. The idea was to take a nail and cause it to turn into a rolled piece of parchment. The storyline centered around a gypsy stealing the forth nail the Romans were going to use to crucify Christ. The result being that The gypsy was blessed in some fashion.

I know at first blush this presentation seems a little too "heavy" for what you are looking for, but with some adjustments to the way it's presented it can be a fun trick.

Just a thought...
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Hey there Mr. Slaughter! Your version certainly makes for a much more compelling performance! You've got me thinking some wonderful ideas with your suggestion. Thank you for your input guy. I'll play around with some thoughts and let you know how the reactions went.
Have a wonderful weekend folks!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Buddha Money Papers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL