The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Just purchased David Roth's Expert Coin Technique... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
791 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Was this a good choice? Been doing cards for many years, and really want to get into coins...I bought the entire 3 DVD set...
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5301 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
An excellent choice! Now start watching and practicing!

Jim
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2167 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Jim is right. It is one of the best starter-advanced sets available on the market.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
791 Posts

Good to know Jim...I am looking forward to getting the set in the mail...should be here Friday or Saturday from Penguin...had a great deal on the set...only $38.00 plus S&H.
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Mr. Trooper,

It's so funny you would ask about those. Only a couple days ago I was looking up something in Expert Coin Magic, the book the DVD's are based on when I started thinking about the actual book, not the contents. When I flipped to the front (is that the title page?) and saw that it was a bit over 25 years old, I had got it when it first came out. I thought to myself what a deal I got, a book that I still regularly use for all this time. Of course there are other books I like as well, but this book combined with just a couple of others have served me well for a long time.

Side note: I prefer books to DVD's although cases can be made for both. But I will tell you this, the VHS I have of Mr. Roth will probably never be viewed again as my tape machine is in the garbage dump but the book remains on the shelf.

Respectfully,

Phil
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
791 Posts

I have other VHS tapes but no where to play them
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
You should get yourself a free vhs on craigslist if you live in the USA
transfer all your educational tapes to your computer with Nero
It's well worth the cost to save all that investment in magic
there are so many vhs players listed every few days, weeks on CL
just watch the free section...you can even post a wanted add on CL asking for a vhs,
someone will reply for sure.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
791 Posts

I might take a look at craigs list for a VHS...I have the entire Ammar series for cards and many more...well I received the Roth series...you guys were right...he is GOOD!!! I have watched the first DVD over and over just trying to learn the basics...im not going to go to DVD 2 until I grasp the first DVD 100%
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Just purchased David Roth's Expert Coin Technique... (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL