The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » 7 Days of Creation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Teacher Brad
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Teacher Brad
I was just wondering if anyone might have any routines for teaching the seven days of creation? I have a couple of ideas but there are a lot of holes still. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am planning for the upcoming school year.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Brad, welcome to the jungle Smile

I have used an effect called "Elemendo." In the original form it's a very basic blendo, but I beefed up the presentation, altered the wording that comes with it, which was a bit too mystical for my taste, and has gotten very good reactions. I have used it in the first stages of my show, but I'm sure it would play as well towards the end.

Heres' a link and a very basic description.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/elemendo-p-1753.html
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I remember years ago doing something on creation using a large wooden "square circle"- then out of the "emptyness" black void you take out various items representing the various days of creation (small plastic fish, small stuffed animal, small human dolls, etc..). You can obviously have a huge load chamber in a decent sized square circle (cylinder in box).
Teacher Brad
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Teacher Brad
Thanks Stempleton, I think that this could work great for an opening sequence, which is one of the areas I was having difficulty.
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
I have a story bag I bought with the creation theme. J.T. Bubba Sikes has one on his web site for $18.00
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of guyactor
Good suggestion, Stempleton, but an internet search isn't able to find anything in stock, presently.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Many sites I checked do not have notification of stock availability, but it's worth a phone call. Denny & Lee and Magic Apple both list it as well.
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of guyactor
Denny and Lee's got it. Will place an order, thank you! Appreciate it. I do speaking for chlldren's summer camps and did a an hour on creation. I would love hearing of your presentation so the effect doesn't last just 3 minutes.

Barry
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
About 2 years ago I did a routine that went through the days of creation, then up to the cross; if full detail. Well, maybe the Readers Digest version.

Starting with a silk covered glass; the earth was formless and void. Then created the earth - remove the silk to reveal a glass full of dirt.

then night - cover the glass
fast forward...
God created man from the dirt - the silk is once again removed showing a white rope (representing man)

Man was in direct fellowship with God - gesture showing rope is uncut/connected & do the endless rope circle bit to represent that man would live forever
but man sinned - cut rope; and was separated from God, and hid from God - display separate pieces of rope far apart.
God provided a sacrifice - tie ends together, but the relationship was no longer perfect
Then I continued with the Panama rope effect where the rope is cut (man's sin), and tied back together (animal sacrifices and man's effort to make up for his sins). Showing three knots in the rope(s).

But God had a better idea, quoting John 3:16, the rope held horizontally, the 3 knots pop off at significant parts of that scripture.

and man was back in direct fellowship with God, and he would once again live for ever - rope circle.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Nick Astle
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Nick Astle
Quote:
On 2011-08-19 11:37, MagicBus wrote:
I remember years ago doing something on creation using a large wooden "square circle"- then out of the "emptyness" black void you take out various items representing the various days of creation (small plastic fish, small stuffed animal, small human dolls, etc..). You can obviously have a huge load chamber in a decent sized square circle (cylinder in box).

Yeah, I've also used a change bag for a similar effect as well, but the square circle is even more visual, that's a good point.

SC is such a versatile trick when it comes to Gospel Magic, I've made good use of it many times in my exceedingly short "career"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » 7 Days of Creation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL