We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Where is the best and most reliable source for Jumbo decks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1429 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I've not ordered online for these yet...I need a couple of new decks .
Any recommendations for best price and reliability?

Thanks-
JNeal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
283 Posts

Profile of abrell
I am very happy with Piatnik giant decks. Some gaff cards are also available. With the blank cards it is easy to make your own gaffs by printing on standard adhesive foils.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
You can find them sometimes in the 99cent and Dollar Tree stores. Happy hunting!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1620 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
silksock
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of silksock
Does anyone know where I can purchase a jumbo brain wave deck?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21861 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
JNeal, I found the Piatnik brand Giant cards to be the best all around card to use for magic. I ordered mine through Amazon.com. They have several dealers that offer them for sale. I found a deck for $14.00 plus postage.

I like Piatnik cards because they are more pliable and a little thinner then Bicycle jumbo decks. I find it is hard to find or make the dealer understand if Red back cards are available. It seems most all carry the blue back design. If that does not matter, then just go for the cheapest price you can find.

Here is one place you can purchase this deck.
http://www.fatbraintoys.com/toy_companie......mazon_pa

Currently Bicycle Jumbo Decks are selling for $25.00, that is kind of high and the card stock is very stiff. Can't do much with them and it makes them harder to handle.

Just remembered you possibility making a moving pip card, in that case I guess you want Bicycle decks. If so you can get a deck from http://www.stoners.com or call Dick or Kevin Stoner and them them Bill told you to call. They have the decks in stock, but like I said they are $24.95 plust postage.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1429 Posts

Profile of JNeal
[quote]On 2011-10-05 14:21, wmhegbli wrote:
JNeal, I found the Piatnik brand Giant cards to be the best all around card to use for magic.

thanks Hegbli!
I ended up buying bicycle cards as the decks durability was more important then flexibility...but I appreciate your input and advice.
I am making a hathaway rising card set and I wanted the cards to be as strong as possible.
Several cards needed to be gimmicked and Bicycles are very strong...so I won't have to remake the gaffed cards so frequently.

Missed your posting of the Johnson Nemo handling, but I understand your hesitation in reposting. I have my routine firmly fixed in my mind (well...as firmly fixed as anything in my mind can be) and should be stage ready in a couple of weeks.

Regards-
JNeal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Duane Laflin is now carrying the 8" X 11" decks and has been using them for some effects in his lectures. I don't see them on the site, however.
JeremyTan
View Profile
New user
has magically produced
70 Posts

Profile of JeremyTan
In Japan, they have mammoth decks which are about A3 size.. Jumbo enough?
Magically Yours,
Jeremy Tan

Singapore's Favourite Magician
www.JeremyTan.com

(Please note that I will be using this account from now on. Please revert all PMs to this account. Thank You!)
cardnerd
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of cardnerd
Thanks for the Kardwell link!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Where is the best and most reliable source for Jumbo decks? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL