The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wow what a year!!!!!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2226 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Slomotion, Sugar Rush, Rattled, Four Told, and Card in Bottle in Nested Boxes! These are great effects and they all came out in one year! Fantastic, and my hats off to all of you creative minds.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Don't forget about Industrial Revelation! It was one of the greatest hits at Magic Live.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2226 Posts

The list is NOT complete by a long shot. These are the effects that I purchased and really wowed me. Industrial Revelation for sure belongs in the "Wow" list though---even though I did not get this one.

Good magic to all,

Eric
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
"Card in Bottle in Nested Boxes"... is that the effect that Hocus Pocus has the exclusive on, with the nice boxes? Looks to be quite reasonably priced, especially if you give the effect a thumbs up. Certainly better than that Vodkard piece of processed nourishment that came out this year.

There have been some great books, too, this year, by folks who are finally ready to give up the goods after long and successful careers.

In the reasonably priced single effect category, I second Industrial Revelation. Thanks to Jamie's expert craftsmanship and attention to detail, the effect is a shocking, inexplicable fooler. It definitely fits Darwin Ortiz's published criteria for "strong magic."
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4132 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Yes, that is the hocus exclusive. Great boxes. Look great and work very well. You will probably need to add one small thing to one of the boxes to make it completely deceptive, but it only takes about 5 min and about $1 investment.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2226 Posts

If I'm not mistaken Hocus-Pocus has maybe 2 or 3 left and then I guess the guy is really done making them. I absolutely love them and they are fun to work with.

Good magic to all,

Eric
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ahhhhhhh, yes! Indeed it has been a very good year, and like a fine wine, it gets better with age. I have made more than a few purchases, and even though I am broke, I have a wish list a mile long. Man, I want the GOOD STUFF!!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
You and me both Daf but they all take plastic!!!!!

Have debt will travel!!!!

Rotting
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wow what a year!!!!!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL