The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Back at the Market (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MitchellMac
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of MitchellMac
It's been a while, but I headed back to the farmers market for some busking fun. Although I only had one real show, I still managed to get some tips from smaller groups of people as they passed by. Anyway, I left the farmers market with the satisfaction of success.
The main dilemma I had was that my usual spot was taken. A friend of mine, a juggler and ballon animalist was at my usual spot. Because of this, I was forced to find a different spot, ended up to be a good thing. I picked a location on a wide sidewalk about 20 feet from an italian ice stand. Once I had my spot I started my show. I was successfully able to draw a crowd and keep them throughout the routine, earning myself a good $10. The rest of my time at the market was mostly smaller shows, and a simple array of tricks to the small groups of people that requested to be shown a few tricks.
After all that, I left with a good $30.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Good for you. The one time I tried our local farmer's market, I just couldn't get more than three people to stop... and none of them tipped!
If I try again (it's only on Friday and I have to work Fridays) I might try something next to the food merchant
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Smaller groups or trickle shows can be nice, because they may feel compelled to tip being the only ones watching versus large groups that may leave after seeing a few other folks pay their way. I rather enjoy smaller intimate groups where I don't have to raise my voice thus conserving it for later in the evening.

Best of fortunes Mitchell Mac.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Back at the Market (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL