The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What do you see when you close your eyes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Maybe I'm just weird, but for as long as I can remember, I have seen an image of a grey spiral-staircase (made of stone, as if in a castle) whenever I have closed my eyes. I'll do it now... Yep, there it was. Now, sometimes this image is very clear, and at other times it is faint; but it is nearly always there.

Now, I was wondering, does anybody else see anything (other than eyelids) when they close their eyes? And if so, what do you think it means?

Regards,

Caleb Strange.

P.S. This is not one of my flights of fancy. This happens everytime I close my eyes. Smile
-- QCiC --
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
dancing spots
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Up the dosage, Caleb. Smile
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Uhh . . . Dead people? Smile
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2003-08-28 18:11, Caleb Strange wrote:
Maybe I'm just weird,

No Caleb, you are weird.

Not to say this is a bad thing.

p.s. do you see a light at the top (or bottom) of these stairs?
If so stay away from it.
Stay away from the light Caleb, FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T GO NEAR THE LIGHT!!!
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
They look like multicolored sparks flying around. Weird.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Phosphorenes...just like every now and then I wake up in the middle of the night...and turn on the lights...

And watch the colored splotches throb and somehow reality resolves itself from this.

These go from a red and black pattern on white...to some amazing purple and green patterns on black.

Vision is amazing.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I see an afterimage of the Magic Café logo permanently etched in my retina...... I've got to get out more.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
Quote:
On 2003-08-28 20:11, Payne wrote:
No Caleb, you are weird.

Not weird - strange.
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Caleb kicks butt.

I see thoughtforms.

Ellen
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Payne, as it happens, I've 'explored' this staircase through active imagination, and haven't (yet) come to any harm. I'll heed your advice though, and endeavour to steer clear of the light! Smile

My partner gets the dancing spots, lights and shapes, and I kind of envy her. They sound fun.

JonTown mentioned reality resolving itself from coloured splotches when the lights are switched on. I found this interesting, as, for the past few months, when I have opened my eyes on waking, I have occasionally seen distinctive geometrical patterns (hexagonal and octagonal), kind of like beautiful Moorish tiles.

Anyone else get this pulsing and gorgeous lattice on waking, or should I take dpe666's advice and up the dosage?

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Quote:
On 2003-08-29 00:20, JonTown wrote:
phosphorenes... just like every now and then i wake up in the middle of the night ...and turn on the lights...

and watch the colored splotches throb and somehow reality resolves itself from this.

these go from a red adn black pattern on white... to some amazing purple and green patterns on black.

vision is amazing

Sounds exactly like an acid trip. If you close your eyes when you're tripping you get these effects but really bright. I'm told.
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
I get the colored sparkles and the moorish tiles.
Get them most everytime I rub my eyes deeply.
I seem to remember reading about this as being a natural occurance. There is something released in the eyes when rubbed like that...

Oh, and even so that this is a natural phenomonon, don't let that stop you from upping the dosage - I don't!
danielhunley
View Profile
Regular user
Middle of No Where KY
168 Posts

Profile of danielhunley
OK, if you have Windows, and have ever used Windows Media Player, when you play music and the screen does all those colors and they move around, that's what I see.
Jack Of Hearts!
lithis
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of lithis
Before the moorish tiles, I usually see the outline of a woman behind window shades. Everything is pink.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
I see jumping sheep. Smile
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
I unfortunately see absolutely nothing!! He He He!!
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Usually I see a crow in darkness. But in a moment, I start to see many movements of action with cards. In most of mornings when I woke up, I see clearcut image of a completed creation of card trick.

Hideo Kato
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Windows Media Player squiggles, outlines of women—my friends, you are seeing some interesting stuff. I feel an idea for an effect coming on...

As for the crow in darkness, Hideo Kato, not sure whether this was a joke or not, but it is such a powerful and creepy image. I feel a bizarre effect/story coming on. BTW that would be a cool name and theme for a show "A crow in darkness". Many thanks for stimulating my sleepy mind.

Chrystal, I've never been able to visualise the jumping sheep; and, as an occasionally desperate insomniac, goodness knows I've tried! Are these imagined animals fluffy little lambkin-type things, or are they more like the dung-crusted and foot-and-mouth infested beasts we seem to have here in the UK?

Regards,
Caleb Strange
-- QCiC --
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Maybe you envision your past life? Rhett Butler perhaps?

Ellen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What do you see when you close your eyes? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL