The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » New linking finger ring. ANO? Very impressive. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicD48
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of MagicD48
Whilst checking out a video of another linking ring on YouTube, I came across this video of a new ring that's apparently in development.
PanGu : ANO ?????????
Can anyone share any insight into this? It looks very interesting.
My initial thoughts are that it's just someone's incredible handling with a regular ring.
Would like others opinions, so please check out the video and let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NahcGPeog00

It seems to be a strong competitor to the Ghostly Linking Finger Ring.

If I am being misled though, and this is just amazing handling with a regular ring, maybe someone could point us in the direction of this handling.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I get the impression that it's a ring that will stand up to heavy examination, although it is gaffed.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-08-22 13:26, Alan Munro wrote:
I get the impression that it's a ring that will stand up to heavy examination, although it is gaffed.

Which is rare. Usually, such gaffs are not able to be examined at all. I would be interested in learning more about this one myself because it does look very nice, very clean, and the possibilities with such a thing as this are endless.
MagicD48
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of MagicD48
I've watched the video over and over again, and I think there is a small chance it could be a Ghostly Linking Finger Ring used in a way that is only apt for camera. Maybe someone pretending to have a new product... I'd be interested to see Mr. Biro's thoughts on this.
Throwing the first ring on to the second ring was a fantastic section of the routine. Then, immediately, he shows the ring on the pencil to be complete, no gaps or missing sections, and he hasn't touched it...

I'm stumped.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It looks nearly identical to our AmaZeRING, NOT the Ghostly Finger Ring. At first I thought it may been a ripoff, but then noted it was dated a year ago. When I contacted him, he estimated the price to the U.S. at $250. His handling is fine. Look for ours on YouTube. (I'll look for a link and post shortly.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq76AxJ5yD4
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
I thought about the AmaZeRING when I first saw it, but like Pete, I dismissed that notion upon seeing the date listed.
MagicD48
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of MagicD48
So, do you think this uses the same method as AmaZeRING? Just poor luck that both were invented at the same time?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
He says you can examine the ring closely and, indeed, shows it on the video being very closely examined. I thought the AmaZeRING cannot be closely examined. If the ring can be that closely checked out, I'm buying one.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I'm having a hard time believing it can be examined without a switch, but I'd love to be proven wrong. It does look like AmaZeRING.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
MagicD48
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of MagicD48
That's a comment that grabbed my attention too... Examinable!!!.... Although it has been mentioned time and time again that a linking finger ring should never be in a situation where they need to be examined anyway, it would still be a lovely feature to have as an extra. A perk if you like.

Is the guy even confirmed legit? His website is written in another language so cant really get any information from it. I did email him myself but havent had a reply yet.

This is his website for anyone that can read it....
http://shop33068118.taobao.com/

HT Magic?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I'd certainly like to know if there is a difference between this and Joe porpers Amazing ring. Sent an email a couple of months ago but got a one word reply from them, which was just the price. They did not answer my questions. Sent another email a couple of days ago but as yet no reply. I'm hesitant to send the money across to China relying on their postal service which isn't good. HT magic also put out a prop called The Black Hole, which can be viewed on you-tube. One was on offer on ebay a couple of months ago, and it too looked impressive. Pity the company can't be confirmed as reliable as they seem to have nice effects.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
SUPPORT MADE IN U.S.A.
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
Why? Our own Government doesn't Smile

SUPPORT MAGIC

SUPPORT THE CREATOR.

SUPPORT MY EX-WIFE.

I'm suspecting examination isn't immediate, although I would love to be wrong.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I'm not American Pete, and I do buy original creators goods, mostly American. If the 2 concepts of the rings are the same, I have no problem buying American as it will no doubt be much better value. Very rarely and I mean very very rarely will a product made in China be better quality than that made in the States. However, I'd like to know more about the 2 styles of ring. Are they the same mechanics? If they are, I'll be buying Joe's as his workmanship is nothing short of supurb.
MagicD48
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of MagicD48
I also assume that ANO will not be IMEDIATELY examinable. I am of the same oppinion as takeachance. If the 2 methods are EXACTLY the same then I would also support the USA, they call for support off the british regularly, so why break habbit? Smile oooh controversial??! Lol.

Either way, without any details its difficult to decide. I will choose the one that best suits my needs. It is annoying that HT Magic seem to be very ignorant.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I think that would be unintensional. They are missing out on a possible large market. Perhaps one of our Chinese connections here on the Café will contact them to inform them of the interest their product has produced.
Mystic Sleights
View Profile
New user
Michigan
15 Posts

Profile of Mystic Sleights
This looks very impressive! awesome handling!
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2011-08-24 19:28, Pete Biro wrote:
SUPPORT MADE IN U.S.A.

Your point is...?
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The US jobs and economy is in deep difficulty, and overseas outfits like China have ripped off many of the products we make (Porper/Biro) so I suggest all in the USA to NOT BUY the ripoffs, and as much as possible support American made products so we can get our jobs back.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
The magic Café is an international site for sharing info. However, it is mainly an American concept and I'm respectful and grateful of that as a non American. I think the Café is a wonderful site for those interested in the magical arts. Manufacturers in China have ripped off many ideas and products from Joe Porper and many many others, as they don't respect or police international piracy laws. I'm not saying that this ring is a rip off but before thinking of ordering I'm making sure it isn't a copy. I was hoping it was a different concept to Joe's. By the mere fact that they are not answering my emails, I will be ordering this from Porper. two things, I know the quality with be exceptional and after sending the money, it will arrive. I've ordered a couple of low cost items from China off ebay and they never turned up. when I contacted the senders - nothing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » New linking finger ring. ANO? Very impressive. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL