The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Gloves for Manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asgar
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of asgar
I found this site.Can anyone please tell me which one is better for card manipulation.Is it any good for billiardball manipulation.Thanks

http://www.bandshoppe.com/catalog/produc......d_Gloves
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3392 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Stay away from polyester...cotton would be the better choice for cards...the leather "drum major" would be ideal for billiard balls. Leather kid gloves were always my preferred choice. You could look for kid leather gloves at merchants that provide Masonic supplies or look on that big "E" internet selling site...they're all over the place. Won't be cheap though!

JMHO
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22243 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here are the type of gloves to use with cards.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605......75807202
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22243 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I ran across these a well, they have gripper white dots on them, that would seem to be perfect over spital on the gloves.
http://www.amazon.com/Gripper-Dot-White-......&sr=1-25

Geoffrey Buckingham says to use white Chamois gloves, but I do not think they have been available for many years.

I have worked with Lewis Ganson's suggestion of white cotton gloves and found them to be excellent for card manipulation. Never trick Billiard Balls with gloves. Never thought of trying it. I would think that the gloves would have to be very tight fitting for use with Billiard Balls.

The white cotton gloves I found had extra sections sewn on the sides of each finger, still they were not more expensive. The place I bought them from says they do not know where they got them from, so I only have 3 pair.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2167 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
When I was doing my billiard manipulation act, I used real, standard billiard balls with 100% cotton gloves, and I used the same with my card manipulations. If I ever needed a little tack on the cotton gloves, I occasionally coated them lightly with a brand of hair spray called Aqua Net. It is very cheap in price for a lot of product (something like $3/USD for a HUGE can), and it did not leave a residue on my cards, which was a big bonus.

The gloves seen on the first link that wmhegbli provided would work very well, as would the leather kid gloves mentioned by Stanyon. Leather gives you a great natural grip on various materials. For cotton gloves (some with snaps) check with numismatics (coins shops) dealers/suppliers as they often have them for use in handling precious coins and paper currency.

I hope this information is useful to you.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2872 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
I tried a number of different types of gloves many years ago and finally settled on white cottton parade gloves from a surplus shop. These were a heavyweight cotton, with that "extra" piece on the fingers (there's a name for it) and snaps. They were comfortable, tight fitting, and held on to the cards very well. They softened up over time, specially since they went in the washer once a week.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2167 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
George, are you thinking of a 'fourchette', also called a 'gusset?' This would have been on the sides of the fingers rather than the tips, if that is what you meant, and usually made of leather.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2872 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Yep, that's where it was on my gloves. And "gusset" does ring a bell. Thanks.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Gloves for Manipulation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL