The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » is sidewalk shuffle Redone similar to one of the phase in the ultimate 3 card monte? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
hi, read about the routine of the sidewalk shuffle Redone and can't help but think that one of the last phase of Michael skinner's ultimate 3 card monte also used a similar effect.

Its just that for the ultimate 3 card monte, one card is placed aside, making it a 2 card monte...
here, in sidewalk shuffle Redone, it seems that one card is put aside and then they play the 3 card monte...

by the way, is there a poker size version of the sidewalk shuffle Redone ? if yes, where can i get it?
oh.. before i run out to buy it... is this trick worth the money? thanks Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
mikejorden
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of mikejorden
"Sidewalk Shuffle" is more of a stand-up effect (although Doc Eason does it close-up behing the bar).

Cards by Martin http://www.cardsbymartin.com/products.htm#s3
have both Jumbo & Poker size (price cheaper than Magikraft)

You can't really compare it with "Ultimate 3 card Monte"

"Sidewalk Shuffle" is REALLY worth the money. I've been doing it over 20 years. However it is something you have to practice to get it smooth.

As a PS to my above post you can see a video of Sidewalk Shuffle on http://www.hocus-pocus.com/static/clips/montxe.rm
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
saw the clip and wow!!!! that's sideway shuffle redone?? well...i am on my way to get it.... thanks mike!
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
re;
"is sidewalk shuffle Redone similar to one of the phase in the ultimate 3 card monte?"

No, it's the other way around, Sidewalk Shuffle was marketed in the seventies. A bit of a history on the effect can be found in "Small But Deadly" (where else?) Smile

Paul.
devin_devil
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of devin_devil
i prefer the sidewalk shuffle although both are quite similar.
Smile
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
The patter & routine I saw on the video from Hocus Pokus (mentioned above) of the Sidewalk Shuffle reminded me of a combination of the color monte
patter & the handling of the 'Virginia City Shuffle'
mikejorden
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of mikejorden
Since Paul writes about the history of Sidewalk Shuffle readers may be interested to know that Ken Brooke states in the original instuctions that the idea of a three card trick with four cards originally came from Joe Riding. Fred Kapps palayed around with it & came up with "Sidewalk Shuffle - which Ken marketed. Joe put a revised version on the market on the market called The Irish 3 Card Trick. This version used ungimmicked cards.

I still use the Irish 3 Card Trick patter for "sidewalk shuffle" although it may be politically incorrect in some places.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » is sidewalk shuffle Redone similar to one of the phase in the ultimate 3 card monte? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL