The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Gimmick Magizette (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
For 23 years, a charming magic mini-magazine came out of India, a land of (to us westerners, at least) mystery and magic. And now its originator, "Solyl" Kundu, has brought it back in a PDF format which makes it inexpensive and VERY quick to deliver.

This first issue of the new series is a potpourri of topics: caring for and using doves, a short write-up and pictures of Gogia Pasha (known to some of us as the "Gilly Gilly" magician from India), a short history of the I.B.M., finding your best and toughest "practice" audience, a clever magic-themed crossword puzzle, a coin prediction, a can (or bottle) of soda production, a turn on the silk and egg routine, a non-gimmicked version (by Aldo Colombini) of Wild Card, lots of "news & views," a write-up of the Merlin Award ceremony in Delhi, and an analysis (with examples) of what makes a platform act work.

The first issue seems less Indian and more American than one would expect, even with the two articles which are India-specific. ("Gilly Gilly" is about an Indian magician, but he was famous in America, so maybe that article should count also?) I think Solyl was trying for a universal appeal, and the "magizette" IS in English. (I shudder to think what it would look like if I had to use the Google translator to read it in English!) I'd encourage Solyl to tell us more about magic - especially the history of magic - as seen from an Indian point of view. This American has always been intrigued by the exotic reputation of India as a birthplace of magic. And goodness knows, the "Hindu Rope Trick" has fascinated all of us for a VERY long time - whether it was a hoax or whether Marco Polo actually did see the routine.

And I'd encourage each of you to pick up a copy of the Gimmick Magizette. Write Solyl at theGimmickMagizette@gmail.com

*jeep! and God Bless!
---Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Gimmick Magizette (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL