The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » X Eureka by Roberto Mansilla (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2011-10-11 13:22, saysold1 wrote:

Riffle shuffle by the spec multiple times is still OK?

Yes, no problem. Each spectator has got a part to shuffle, they can riffle shuffle multiple times, they can exchange their packs, they can do what they want.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I'd just be concerned how much handling is required after the card and number are named.
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Riffle Shuffle?

Yes with the cards they are given. I am not going to mention anything that you wouldn't see with your own eyes if you watched this performed live. The magician gives away portions of the deck to audience members to shuffle themselves. He keeps a small portion that he shuffles himself. He does not give away all the cards to the spectators. However, I will say that this happens before a playing card and a number are decided on. In fact when the playing card and number are decided on, the deck is back in its case having just been shuffled by the spectators and magician. It is also important to note that there is absolutely NO FORCE when it comes to the selection of the card. Not even the subtle scam type. It is completely free. The number is the only thing that MIGHT need manipulating, and I say might only because of the extreme high and low numbers. Any numbers around the range of 10 -40 are pretty much a guarantee on any card. Higher and lower than that may not work for certain cards and will need to be adjusted. However, considering how easy this is to perform that's a pretty small negative. Working around that shouldn't be that hard with some decent patter.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2011-10-11 13:39, Tom G wrote:
I'd just be concerned how much handling is required after the card and number are named.

Nothing, because the deck is in the box...
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Quote:
On 2011-10-11 13:39, Tom G wrote:

Pretty minimal. In fact there is exactly 1 move you have to do and it is very easy to do. This is coming from someone who is terrible at sleight of hand. Now that's not to say that you won't need to practice it. It's not a hard move but you will need to be able to do it without anybody seeing you do it.
InfinityDream
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of InfinityDream
Quote:
On 2011-10-11 13:01, brad12d3 wrote:
So I have just finished watching the DVD. I have to say that it is a pretty brilliant version of ACAAN. There are sleights but they are not difficult to do. I have already run through the motions of the routine and have no problem with any of the moves. They are pretty easy. I see why people have said that this works best with a group. Most of the routine could be adjusted for a one on one situation. However, the problem that would arise would be with the number. Like other versions of ACAAN this one can have difficulty with very low and very high numbers. This isn't a problem with every card but certain cards just won't work with these extreme numbers. So having a group allows the magician to manipulate the number a bit if needed. However, with some clever patter, a magician could make these same adjustments in a one on one situation. There is some math involved, but it is VERY easy. I can't imagine it getting in the way of any magicians performance even if they aren't that good at math. It is literally one subtraction problem.

I think the beauty of the trick is the way the deck is shuffled by the spectators. It definitely makes the trick more powerful given the fact that they got to handle the cards right before the trick. What's really sneaky is that it's this audience shuffle that allows the trick to even work in the first place. I won't say anymore, but I will say that this is a very strong version of ACAAN.

I know that's not a real long review, but if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.

What are the differences between Eureka and Chaos?
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I have now watched the DVD in its entirety. First, I laughed because the method is very similar to the ACAAN version I use now. My version is very easy to do sleight wise. The main difference is I use a memorized deck and this version does not and in this version the deck is shuffled by the spectators. On the other hand, this version requires one sleight that mine does not require.

Since the method is similar to mine, I must say I like it. I definitely recommend this DVD to anyone who does not use a memorized deck. I am unsure I will use this method over mine. The fact that the spectators can shuffle is really not an advantage to me. My presentation is about influence---shuffling the deck makes it more of a magic trick. I also prefer a different method regarding the selection of "any number". My method may seem to restrict the number (i.e choose a number between 12 and 45)but it really does not take away from the effect. In fact after using my method, most people remember that they could have chosen any number. In Mansilla's DVD the number selection seems a little convuluted.

That being said, it is very good. If you want to do an ACAAN, this is really pretty strong. If you don't use a memorized deck, I think it is a no brainer to get if you like this type of effect.
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Quote:
On 2011-10-11 14:49, InfinityDream wrote:
Quote:
So I have just finished watching the DVD. I have to say that it is a pretty brilliant version of ACAAN. There are sleights but they are not difficult to do. I have already run through the motions of the routine and have no problem with any of the moves. They are pretty easy. I see why people have said that this works best with a group. Most of the routine could be adjusted for a one on one situation. However, the problem that would arise would be with the number. Like other versions of ACAAN this one can have difficulty with very low and very high numbers. This isn't a problem with every card but certain cards just won't work with these extreme numbers. So having a group allows the magician to manipulate the number a bit if needed. However, with some clever patter, a magician could make these same adjustments in a one on one situation. There is some math involved, but it is VERY easy. I can't imagine it getting in the way of any magicians performance even if they aren't that good at math. It is literally one subtraction problem.

I think the beauty of the trick is the way the deck is shuffled by the spectators. It definitely makes the trick more powerful given the fact that they got to handle the cards right before the trick. What's really sneaky is that it's this audience shuffle that allows the trick to even work in the first place. I won't say anymore, but I will say that this is a very strong version of ACAAN.

I know that's not a real long review, but if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Haven't used Chaos yet, but I just bought it... so I can tell you later. Smile
Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
257 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
To me it seems to be similar to B. Richardsons impromtu Card at any Number without choosing a card physically
I don't want to fish here I odered the DVD already
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Quote:
On 2011-10-11 14:49, InfinityDream wrote:
Quote:

I just read up on Chaos. Honestly about the only thing these two methods share is that the magician shuffles a small portion of the deck along with other spectators. However, the rest of the method is different. Eureka is much cleaner.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
What resemblance does this bear to the methods published by Barrie Richardson? He has thre I can think of offhand, and all three operate on the same underlying principle. The mention of extreme highs and lows made me think of it.
It's all in the reflexes.
Jan Walla
View Profile
Loyal user
Before you disappear I surround you with
255 Posts

Profile of Jan Walla
Well, I ordered this as well (haven't received it yet) and reading all those reviews I guess I washed more $$$ down the drain in search of a real good and complete hands off ACAAN. Mr. Berglas, please release yours! LOL
Magic, in essence, is the ability of conjuring spirits who help the magician accomplish astonishing feats.
<BR>-Be glad that I am not a Sorcerer... Smile
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2011-10-11 17:36, Jan Walla wrote:
Well, I ordered this as well (haven't received it yet) and reading all those reviews I guess I washed more $$$ down the drain in search of a real good and complete hands off ACAAN. Mr. Berglas, please release yours! LOL

My review is positive. It just not the holy grail. And Mr Berglas did release his effect in his book this year.
Jan Walla
View Profile
Loyal user
Before you disappear I surround you with
255 Posts

Profile of Jan Walla
Totally missed it... Where can I buy it? He really released the holy grail? , Unbelievable. Some would kill for this secret
Magic, in essence, is the ability of conjuring spirits who help the magician accomplish astonishing feats.
<BR>-Be glad that I am not a Sorcerer... Smile
Matthew Jones
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Matthew Jones
Quote:
On 2011-10-11 20:19, Jan Walla wrote:
Totally missed it... Where can I buy it? He really released the holy grail? , Unbelievable. Some would kill for this secret

it was on Richard Kaufman's website but it is now completely sold out, you can't get it now, but to tell you the truth it's good but not as good as I thought it was going to be.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
'The Berglas Effects' by Richard Kaufman, $140. Copies are limited and disappearing fast.
Be mindful, this is not a silver bullet for ACAAN. it's more about a way of being than a specific method, which should come as no surprise. Mr. Berglas has rightly focused on making himself into a legend, instead of focusing on methods and techniques. To be sure, of course he has methods, but they are fluid, living methods, not static.
It's all in the reflexes.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Does the magician deal, or the spectator?
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Quote:
On 2011-10-11 22:14, gdw wrote:
Does the magician deal, or the spectator?

The magician. One thing I would like to add, just an observation,.. I really didn't like how he dealt the cards during the performances on the DVD. I think he is a fine magician, but when you deal cards that fast then it rushes a great effect and makes the audience think your not really counting the number of cards you say you are. When I look at things from a laymen's perspective, I would think that he was going that fast to cover up something, which isn't true. I think this trick would be much more effective with a slower more deliberate count. Just a small part of the overall performance but I think an important one.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2011-10-11 21:00, Matthew Jones wrote:
Quote:

it was on Richard Kaufman's website but it is now completely sold out, you can't get it now, but to tell you the truth it's good but not as good as I thought it was going to be.

I thought his book was excellent. Berglas explained exactly how he does it. I know some people might not like the fact that it is not a neat tidy method that is precisely the same everytime but he explained what it is he does. Well worth the price if you can get it.
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Quote:
On 2011-10-11 22:59, brehaut wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-10-11 21:00, Matthew Jones wrote:
Quote:

I thought his book was excellent. Berglas explained exactly how he does it. I know some people might not like the fact that it is not a neat tidy method that is precisely the same everytime but he explained what it is he does. Well worth the price if you can get it.

I think it was a great book also. It has a lot of great wisdom when it comes to presenting magic. If you can find it I would highly recommend it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » X Eureka by Roberto Mansilla (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL