The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Kaylor Option - Any Signed Card to Any Spectator's Wallet (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12..18..24..30..36..40~41~42 [Next]
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Thanks, I found it. A fairly old idea I believe.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
No idea why, you'd think I'd learn but I ordered. I'm wondering whether or not this could be used in conjunction with your own card in wallet I.e a double revelation with first in your wallet and then as a kicker, the second in their own.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Dorian - I had a difficult time using paypal so I ended up using a credit card. I could not get it to automatically load my address with Paypal. This is the first time I have encountered that issue on Michael's site.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2011-08-30 22:49, DougNicols wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-30 22:43, saysold1 wrote:

Come on now - this looks VERY VERY cool.

Connected (signed card to spectator's wallet) looked cool too, until you realized that you needed to HANDLE their wallet, then ask them about it later on in the trick. And hope they forgot that you touched it beforehand...

I know exactly how this is done an no it has nothing to do with time misdirection at all. They take it out, your hands are totally empty, they have the deck, and you take their wallet and slowy pull the card out from in-between their wallet..it is really like that no bs. Oh , and they remove the card fully from the wallet. This is GENIUS!
JM
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
883 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
I ordered it off of Ammar's site. Paypal worked fine. Didn't think the price was too bad, considering you will pay double for any typical Card to Wallet "device".

Interestingly, shipping was 5.50 through Ammar, but only 4.00 through Kaylor's site.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
About 5 years ago I bought a ebook about this kind of effect.
I can do exactly the same things, I hope it's not what was already published...
If it's the case it's rather expensive regarding how it works.
Some people will be very dissapointed (newcomer I think) some other will be delight to use the same gimmick for different application.
Anyway it was not a control at all but a way to have the spectator's card in his own wallet.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
484 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
I vait vor the review ........ To good to be true even with Michael Ammar name behind it...... Just like what I did with the "little man" with Paul Harris name on it, I take the plunge to preorder it before any review or any complete performance......what a waste of 300$$ plus shipping.......so with this I think I vait, quoting Malini "...I vait vor a veek..."
The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
This sounds too good to be true and the demo videos are heavily edited.

Yeah, it's got Michael Ammar's name on it and it may truly be great, but I will wait for actual hands-on reviews as well. The "unbiased review" from Wizard Product Review wasn't really a review at all...
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I definitely respect the reluctance to pre-order. This is my first time breaking down and ordering prior to reading several reviews. I feel confident it will be great because I have had great success with products from both Michael and Jeff. Jeff's TKO is outstanding and his customer service is great. I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff at Magic Live. I am not losing any sleep over this purchase. I will make every effort to post a timely review.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4931 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I also preordered. TKO is something I use all the time. I actually want to set up all my shirts with it. Jeff only puts out something occasionally and Ammar doesn't throw his name around often. Anyway, I have wasted a lot more money than $44 on a lot less.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1230 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Yeah me too. God help me. I've pre-ordered again.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10533 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-09-02 22:33, Xiqual wrote:
I also preordered. TKO is something I use all the time. I actually want to set up all my shirts with it. Jeff only puts out something occasionally and Ammar doesn't throw his name around often. Anyway, I have wasted a lot more money than $44 on a lot less.
James

Now I know where all your hard earned $$$ is going lol Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4931 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Hello, my name is James, I am a preorder addict.....
Somebody stop me!
James

Quote:
On 2011-09-03 00:01, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-09-02 22:33, Xiqual wrote:
James

Now I know where all your hard earned $$$ is going lol Smile
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Not too enthusiastic about this one ---as others have said we cut to the end with the magician pulling out a card that is half way out of the wallet in the video.

How the bit before that looks and feels to the audience is hugely important.

And Bless him, whilst I think he's fabulous, Michael Ammar did speak highly of Ben Harris "Hole in the Head" ----yeesh !!
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Hey! We all know the card can't appear like magic in the spectator's wallet! can we?! lol
So, Of course you have to touch the wallet to put the card in, lol
Ok, if you have a friend he can do it for you, so you don't touch the wallet Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of James Warren
No doubt you've stumbled on the real secret, "parmenion". For $35 you get a real, live stooge who travels with you to all your gigs with a signed card preloaded in his wallet! (Not sure if you have a choice of male or female stooge.)

With marketed effects like this I always have one major question, and I hope some reviewer will address it down the road. As a strolling magician I don't want anything that requires attachments to my body (like pulls or hold-outs), or special gimmicks that make it difficult to get into and out of the effect. I'm okay with palming a gaffed card into and out of a deck, but that's about my limit -- and even then, I don't want to carry more than one gaffed card around because it takes up pocket space. (Not that this routine uses a gaffed card -- I'm just giving an example.)

So I hope someone will address the issue of how convenient this trick is to perform for the strolling magician who wants to add it into his already full-pockets-arsenal.
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1001 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Parmenion,

You may well have bought that e-book from me. About five years ago, I developed and marketed an effect that looks to be 75% the same as this one simply titled "Signed Card to Spectator's Wallet". None the less, I seriously doubt the methodologies are even remotely similar. Mine was the only version I'd ever heard of (till now) that didn't require a pre-loaded wallet or a stooge, and it was meant to use items I all ready had on hand. Kaylor and Ammar's version seems to utilize a "new" kind of utility item, or at minimum a very very unusual version of an existing one.

In any event, Michael Ammar is behind it (or at least lent his name to it), so there's a favorable 99:1 chance that it's brilliant.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
cyberdave03
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
How does this compare to Transporter?

http://www.funinc.com/clips/transporter.wmv
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Transporter is a signed card to magician's wallet. This is being advertised as a utility card device and a signed card to spectator's wallet.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7784 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2011-09-07 19:41, cyberdave03 wrote:
How does this compare to Transporter?

http://www.funinc.com/clips/transporter.wmv

Well, that wasn't the specs wallet for starters.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Kaylor Option - Any Signed Card to Any Spectator's Wallet (64 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12..18..24..30..36..40~41~42 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL