The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Kaylor Option - Any Signed Card to Any Spectator's Wallet (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..38~39~40~41~42 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
They are now available in white:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14006
Hughdini
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Hughdini
What does the white version do in comparison to the standard version?
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2012-02-08 15:06, Hughdini wrote:

With the white version, you can make a koala disappear, whereas with the black one, you could not do that... Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
215 Posts

Profile of altrez
Quote:
On 2012-02-08 15:16, doriancaudal wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-08 15:06, Hughdini wrote:

With the white version, you can make a koala disappear, whereas with the black one, you could not do that... Smile

Do you know if the Koala is included with this effect?

Thanks!

-Altrez

;)
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Altrez, I think it's much more effective to borrow a spectator's koala.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
SmithMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of SmithMagicMan
Make sure to get it signed!!!
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1197 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Don't believe them !
They make a joke of it.
I have tried it personaly and you can see clearly the black nose of the koala.
Unless they mean a koala with a white nose of course.(I have not tried that one)
Even with such a koala (with the white nose) you must use a WHITE marker to let him sign.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1197 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
It's for magicians who work with blanco cards (Blizzard, Nudist deck ect.)
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
725 Posts

Profile of ftlum
A word of warning-- I've visited all the local stores I could think of and could not find a White dress shirt opaque enough to hide the white gimmick.
I'm not sure such a shirt is out there, though I would be interested if people do find a brand that works.

Frank
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
The only reason I ordered a white unit was so that I could use it with light colored shirts. Same as I use the black one with any dark colored shirts. I personally don’t think that the shirt color needs to match the device perfectly or even near perfect.

Jim
Jeff Kaylor TKO
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Jeff Kaylor TKO
I use Express Shirts when I want to wear a white shirt. They are thicker than your average white shirt. If you wear a white under shirt, that should cover you for shirts that are more see through.

As J-Mac said, white is meant for lighter colored shirts, and black is made for darker colored shirts.
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
I don't have this yet. But if a signed card could appear inside a spectator's wallet, why does the magician need to get it from inside the wallet? I'm not questioning this utility that seems A GREAT IDEA, but I'm only thinking about the structure of the effect itself (I'm talking only about the signed card at spectator's wallet). If it is what I'm thinking, you have to get the signed card from the utility (I mean, from the spectator's wallet) at worst moment possible, when the spectator just expect you to open the wallet. I didn't read the entire thread, so maybe somebody already said something about this. Sorry for my english.
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-03-02 13:04, Mesquita wrote:
I don't have this yet. But if a signed card could appear inside a spectator's wallet, why does the magician need to get it from inside the wallet? I'm not questioning this utility that seems A GREAT IDEA, but I'm only thinking about the structure of the effect itself (I'm talking only about the signed card at spectator's wallet). If it is what I'm thinking, you have to get the signed card from the utility (I mean, from the spectator's wallet) at worst moment possible, when the spectator just expect you to open the wallet. I didn't read the entire thread, so maybe somebody already said something about this. Sorry for my english.

Your english is just fine!

This is a card control utility. It allows you to steal the signed card from the deck and retrieve it from the utility to appear wherever you like. It can't make the card appear in their wallet with it in their pocket ( that would be real magic ). But it allows you take their wallet and pull it out part way and let them do the rest. It's not a bad moment because your hands are completely empty when you handle their wallet.

I don't think their is much else to tell without exposing it.
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Quote:
On 2012-03-02 13:32, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-02 13:04, Mesquita wrote:

Your english is just fine!

This is a card control utility. It allows you to steal the signed card from the deck and retrieve it from the utility to appear wherever you like. It can't make the card appear in their wallet with it in their pocket ( that would be real magic ). But it allows you take their wallet and pull it out part way and let them do the rest. It's not a bad moment because your hands are completely empty when you handle their wallet.

I don't think their is much else to tell without exposing it.

Thanks Zombie Magic!!!

I know that make a card appear (really) inside the spectator's wallet is real magic... but that's exactly what we want the spectator think. If I say that a card is inside his wallet, but I need to get it from inside (and probably not in the cleanest way), this is not magic (in my opinion) if I think like a layman.

When the spectator think how could I get it from inside his wallet he will probably think "the only way is that he put it inside when he got my wallet" and he will be right... This destroys the magic. I may be wrong, but that's why I think they don't put all the presentation of the effect on the demo video, it would be clear how and when the magician puts (I mean, get) the card.

I'm really thinking to buy this effect, and I'll probably, but If I buy this I will probably use for other effects or maybe try to reconstruct the effect itself. Like I said, this utility seems to be a VERY GOOD IDEA for other uses.

But again, this is just my opinion and maybe it's just me.

Thanks again for your answer.

Regards
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Mesquita,

You're right, to an extent. The presentation that is on the demo video is not what I use this for, though it can be presented fairly by those who do. Of course it's not the most logical scenario, but then again most magic routines are not exactly realistic. The premise is that the card was in their wallet and you are showing them by removing the card in front of them. Yes, the spectator will know that you somehow put the card there in the first place, but they don't know how or when. It should invoke their curiosity and get them wondering. But don't most, if not all, magic routines do the same? Surely spectators "know" that you somehow put their card in your own wallet when you perform a CTW routine! But they don't know how or when you did it. As long as you are not appearing to challenge them all should be good.

As you mentioned the UCCU can be used in many other ways. After all, it is a utility device, not a magic prop. You will find many different uses for it.

Thanks!

Jim
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Quote:
On 2012-03-02 16:37, J-Mac wrote:
Mesquita,

You're right, to an extent. The presentation that is on the demo video is not what I use this for, though it can be presented fairly by those who do. Of course it's not the most logical scenario, but then again most magic routines are not exactly realistic. The premise is that the card was in their wallet and you are showing them by removing the card in front of them. Yes, the spectator will know that you somehow put the card there in the first place, but they don't know how or when. It should invoke their curiosity and get them wondering. But don't most, if not all, magic routines do the same? Surely spectators "know" that you somehow put their card in your own wallet when you perform a CTW routine! But they don't know how or when you did it. As long as you are not appearing to challenge them all should be good.

As you mentioned the UCCU can be used in many other ways. After all, it is a utility device, not a magic prop. You will find many different uses for it.

Thanks!

Jim

Thanks Jim!

Regards,

Mesquita
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
What are your guys' favorite effects using the gimmick? I'm curious as to what everyone's come up with Smile.
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Quote:
On 2012-03-13 16:57, sohaib wrote:
What are your guys' favorite effects using the gimmick? I'm curious as to what everyone's come up with Smile.

A completely clean and fair looking sandwich! yum. See the members forum for the vid
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
My favorite effect with this is: card to water melon. you have to take the biggest water melon out there and have
a very strong spectator holding it. then, abra cadabra and the card jumps from the deck into the melon.

get's great reactions, espacially from the Koalas wit the black nose Smile

back to topic...
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I did a card from a large Seashell... on a beach, in shorts and short sleeved shirt and sandals. ... you can do a heck of a lot with this thing.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Kaylor Option - Any Signed Card to Any Spectator's Wallet (64 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..38~39~40~41~42 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL