The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Kaylor Option - Any Signed Card to Any Spectator's Wallet (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..39~40~41~42 [Next]
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Been a long time since I bought some commercial magic...got this yesterday as it kept getting recommended to me.
After viewing the DVD and checking this out I have to say there so much you can do with this its not even funny!

The real gem to this is not the DVD but the support forum with everyone sharing there routines...some real sick stuff!
Jeff Kaylor TKO
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Jeff Kaylor TKO
I just wanted to pass along a great review by Shane over at Online-visions.com

Any Card to Any Spectator's Wallet (Gimmick and DVD)
by Jeff Kaylor and Michael Ammar
Suggested Retail USD$$39.99
Available from your favorite dealer
In a Blink: 9 Out of 10
"Any Card to Any Spectator's Wallet", a brand new item by Jeff Kaylor and Michael Ammar, has damaged me for life because, for once in my editorial life, I'm struggling to come up with words for this one: all I want to say is "It's the real deal and you want it!"

I don't normally do this, but I'm going to quote the ad copy here. Trust me; I do have my reasons:

Any Signed Card to Any Spectators Wallet:

Any card is chosen, signed, & placed back into the deck. The spectator takes out his wallet. His signed card is found in his wallet!

The Ultimate Card Control Utility:

The U.C.C.U. allows you to control one or multiple cards while the spectator shuffles the deck. The cards can be produced from the deck, or found in virtually any impossible location, such as the spectators wallet.

Take Note...
· No Palming
· Any Signed Card
· Any Deck
· No Stooges
· No Palming
· No Magnets
· No Trick Cards
· No Pulls
· No Special Wallets
INSTANTLY REPEATABLE

Okay, so there's the very scant yet very compelling ad copy. The reason I present that to you here is this: there is not a single lie, prevarication, fib, twisted-truth or instance of mendacity in any of that. "Any Card to Any Spectator's Wallet" lets you get as close to the appearance of real magic as you can get.

Knowing that, then, should get the wheels turning for, as good an effect, as stunning a piece of work as "Any Card to Any Spectator's Wallet" is, there's so much more you can do with the meat of this, the Universal Card Control Utility. The UCCU is, after all, the gimmick that makes this whole thing churn and burn brain cells, and it's a whole lot more than getting a card to someone's wallet (yes, I am being that casually dismissive with that striking piece of work because there are bigger fish to fry with this thing).

Let me whet your appetite.

Got a favorite trick that requires a gimmicked card? Wouldn't you love to have an easy way of ditching that card, maybe even switching it for a more innocent rendering of it? Piece o' cake. The UCCU was designed for just this kind of thing.

What if you've got a packet of cards you'd like to launder, right there in the open and everything? Once again, the UCCU does the job.

Want to really stretch the brain cells? This will work with bills, business cards, billets, coins… I even used it with a collection of close-up items like shells, tips, balls, you name it. Between me and you, finding out what this crazy thing works with is part of its charm.

Oops. I'm digressing.

The point is that this can be used to a variety of smallish things, switching them, vanishing them, and affecting all sorts of magical effects. It's so good at what it does that, when I can use this, it goes out the door with me like my Sanada or my tip. For me, that's saying a lot, but the UCCU is a lot of action for the bucks.

Yes, I'm amazingly, completely taken with this device. Get it.

Oh, okay, let's cover some more details so you know what you're getting into. Honestly, as much as I love it, there are some things you need to be aware of before you take the plunge.

First up, there's a clothing requirement. It's not too severe - you'll need a colored button-up shirt - but for some folks that's going to be an issue. And before you get ahead of yourself, a tie and vest will work fine with this.

Second, and especially after that word of advice, you'll get the idea this is some form of a hold-out. It is and I don't believe I'm tipping too much calling it for what it is (yes, Clyde, hold-outs have been around forever, thank you very much, and the real working here is still a deep, dark secret not found on this website of mine). Knowing that, you'll need to deal with the big part of the working: angles and misdirection. Angles are really great here, with the worse of it being perfectly hidden courtesy of some simple misdirection. If you're expecting self-working, this ain't it, but it sure is one of the easiest non-self-working things you'll do.

Third, there are no complicated sleights, but there is going to be a bit of a curve for some people, especially the people of the left-handed bent. It's doable for lefties, but it will take some extra work. Besides that caveat, there work involved is pretty light; getting the misdirection down and the timing with that was actually quick and painless; just break out the mirror and don't rush it.

Fourth, and I'll cop to picking nits with this one, there's a certain piece you'll want to do that will require replacement and maintenance. I can't go into detail except to say I did it with what I found in the kitchen drawer and it took all of a minute to do That Certain Something. I mention it only for completeness' sake; once you see it on the video, you'll likely not even remember my humble mention of it.

And that's all the warnings I can issue with this. It's easy to use, it's fun to play with, it looks amazing… I can't imagine a card-worker (for my money you could say "close-up worker" there) not getting a ton of use out of this thing.

A big, huge, whopping thumbs up for the UCCU and "Any Card to Any Spectator's Wallet"; Kaylor and Ammar did good.
"Any Card to Any Spectator's Wallet" (Gimmick and DVD) by Jeff Kaylor and Michael Ammar
In a Blink: 9 Out of 10

Practicality: 9
This is only going to be a drawback to a few, but there is a certain clothing requirement - a darker-colored button-up shirt. Otherwise, this thing is beautifully practical in all respects.

Workmanship:10
This is extremely well made. There is one piece that you may need to replace/repair over time, but it is a very minor thing (no stitching involved).

Documentation: 9
The DVD is incredibly thorough, teaching the titled effect brilliantly and with excellent production values. It would have been nice to see some more ideas using the device, but honestly part of the fun with this thing is coming up with some dream scenarios all your own.

Effect: 10
It's all in what you do with it, to be sure, but the basic effect is a stunner, a complete, unadulterated stunner. The reactions are simply huge and defied my expectations.

Presentation: 10
It's all about being nice and clean with this routine, and the gimmick allows you to be that and then some. Between the gadget and the handling, this thing is a presentational powerhouse. Now just think what happens when you turn your creativity loose. If I had known something like this was coming out, I would have set the scale to 100 instead of 10 because this deserves it.

Shane
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
This is by far the best effect I got in 2011. I use my TT all the time with this as well as coins and cards.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2674 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
This is far and away my favorite magic "thing" for many, many years. In my opinion it way over delivers on the promise inherent in the ad copy. Move your mind away from 'wallet' for ten minutes and dozens of other possible uses arise. Forget it's use with cards and dozens of other 'things' it can be used for arise. It may take a few years, but 10 years from now I believe it will be considered as necessary as the TT, maybe more so.

For those in the know it's another gambling device brought over to the magic side of things. Wish it had been sooner. Best,
Brad Burt
codie2210
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of codie2210
In the trailer it edits out the part where the move must take place, I will look for another video. I found a website where you can get the trick for only a fiver though I don't know how reliable the site is, I think there is a picture of the gimmick there, here is the link

http://www.approachchina.com/any-card-to......719.html

hope this helps, Charlie
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2012-07-25 10:22, codie2210 wrote:
I found a website where you can get the trick for only a fiver though I don't know how reliable the site is, I think there is a picture of the gimmick there, here is the link

hope this helps, Charlie

Are you joking! It's a chinese rip off site. Avoid it like the plague. Cheap inferior product and you're very unlikely to receive what you order anyway.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Take cover, I repeat, TAKE COVERRRRR.....
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Sean, you beat me to it Smile
Jeff Kaylor TKO
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

I got that website to remove the knock off. You do not want one of the China versions. They are terrible. Same goes for the China knock off of TKO.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
A tip: If an effect is offered by a site from China for 1/8th the price it's offered at on any Western site, it's a cheap knockoff. Smile
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1255 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I agree with my fellow magic Café posters. UCCU rules. I have a little hint on misdirection because as we know, sometimes you may fidget, and fidgeting is counterproductive and gets us caught. First off, I use Kaylors favorite routine (so that I end up with cards with one sticking out in my right hand and the others in the left). Instead of simply saying "now push your card in" I include a bit more patter/misdirection to ensure a clean getaway. Before I say "push your card in", I say, now Im going to show you the most visual flying card to ceiling .. you ready?" I then jolt my right hand up and I point to the ceiling and say "LOOK"!! Everyones eyes are glued to the ceiling. I then say, "darn, that one never works", here, let me try something else, and execute the effect. This gives you more than enough time to secure the move with absolutle no peksy eyes analyzing my every move. I also like the previous posters idea of walking down to the other end of a table to produce it from somebody elses wallet (which provides a significant amount of time for the "move"). I will be doing this tonight. ANother one of my fav's is signed card to unopened packet. I did this to a Walmart employee the other day. I actually walked them right to the card section and had them open a brand new pack (which I obviously promised to purchase). Abra Cadabra .. his signed card was in the brand new, unopened pack that came right off the shelf. I also told him he could pick any pack in the store to put a hault to any theories that it was set up earlier or a gaff packet. In conclusion .. amazing product and the possibilities are truly limitless!
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1255 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Im interested in hearing more ideas for misdirection on the "ditching" phase as it can look pretty suspicious if something goes wrong (card gets caught, etc.) Ive been caught only once (never have too many drinks and do magic) because something went wrong and I was struggling with the ditch. ANybody have suggestions on the best material or shirts to wear?

Thanks
Jeff Kaylor TKO
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

With the marker ditch, if you need to buy a little extra time, you can pretend to miss the pocket with the marker, and then put it in the second time. Make sure to focus all of your energy and attention on the marker and no one will ever see the ditch.

With the Wesley James Add on move, you can mess with the spectator a bit in order to buy time for the ditch. For example, as they go to push the card in, move the deck away from their hand. It will get a laugh the more you do it and give you as much time as you need to make the ditch. It will also give you some extra time to bring the halves of the deck closer and away from where the ditching happens.

Although this is a fun option, it is better to get to the point where you never fumble. The way to do this is to put your ditching hand into the position it needs to be to make the ditch. You will need to get use to this position and learn to be able to always get to that position. This will insure that the ditch happens the same every time. Also, aim for the the bottom button of the gimmick as a pivot point for ditching the card.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
743 Posts

Profile of PapaG
The UCCU looks like a very useful workable utility item but I have a seperate issue with the effect. Isn't it a bit presumptious and gauche expecting a spectator to hand you their wallet?
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
Quote:
On 2013-01-01 22:47, PapaG wrote:
The UCCU looks like a very useful workable utility item but I have a seperate issue with the effect. Isn't it a bit presumptious and gauche expecting a spectator to hand you their wallet?

This isuue has been covered already. An alternative routine has the magician put his own wallet under his foot so "nothing can happen." After the card disappears from the deck the wallet is picked up and the card shown inside.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Profile of ChrisTheImpossible
Quote:
On 2013-01-01 23:26, billmarq wrote:
Quote:

This isuue has been covered already. An alternative routine has the magician put his own wallet under his foot so "nothing can happen." After the card disappears from the deck the wallet is picked up and the card shown inside.

One issue I find is how do you know that someone there will have a wallet? You don't want to find out before the trick because this alerts them to a wallet trick coming up. If you ask at the point where you will make the magic happen, and they don't have a wallet, now you need to defer to something else, which causes some sort of suspisious behavior. They may think why did he ask if I had a wallet. Obviously, if you can see someone has a wallet then it is working in your favor, unless they refuse to give it to you. I guess what I am trying to say is this is a strong effect as long as the spectators have a wallet and work with you. If not I think the trick weakens.
www.MagicJunky.com
"A place for Magicians, Clowns, and Ventriloquists to Buy, Sell, and Trade new and or used items Free!"
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Profile of ChrisTheImpossible
Quote:
On 2012-09-28 09:06, TheMag1cian wrote:
Im interested in hearing more ideas for misdirection on the "ditching" phase as it can look pretty suspicious if something goes wrong (card gets caught, etc.) Ive been caught only once (never have too many drinks and do magic) because something went wrong and I was struggling with the ditch. ANybody have suggestions on the best material or shirts to wear?

Thanks

I like to use MLB Jerseys. I try to use black Jerseys. These tend to be a little heavier so the material will not wrinkle while performing. In addition, I use a safety pin inside my shirt to hold the one end of the gimmick down. Hard to explain what part but you may know what I am talking about. That specific part can get tangled up and cause an opening.
www.MagicJunky.com
"A place for Magicians, Clowns, and Ventriloquists to Buy, Sell, and Trade new and or used items Free!"
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4681 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-03-03 21:20, ChrisTheImpossible wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-01 23:26, billmarq wrote:
Quote:

One issue I find is how do you know that someone there will have a wallet? You don't want to find out before the trick because this alerts them to a wallet trick coming up. If you ask at the point where you will make the magic happen, and they don't have a wallet, now you need to defer to something else, which causes some sort of suspisious behavior. They may think why did he ask if I had a wallet. Obviously, if you can see someone has a wallet then it is working in your favor, unless they refuse to give it to you. I guess what I am trying to say is this is a strong effect as long as the spectators have a wallet and work with you. If not I think the trick weakens.

If you think just "wallet" you are not looking at the big picture. The UCCU can be used for MANY other card to impossible locations. The sky is the limit with this utility device!!

RNK
juggling1
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
Quote:
On 2012-03-02 15:57, Mesquita wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-02 13:32, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-02 13:04, Mesquita wrote:
I don't have this yet. But if a signed card could appear inside a spectator's wallet, why does the magician need to get it from inside the wallet? I'm not questioning this utility that seems A GREAT IDEA, but I'm only thinking about the structure of the effect itself (I'm talking only about the signed card at spectator's wallet). If it is what I'm thinking, you have to get the signed card from the utility (I mean, from the spectator's wallet) at worst moment possible, when the spectator just expect you to open the wallet. I didn't read the entire thread, so maybe somebody already said something about this. Sorry for my english.

Your english is just fine!

This is a card control utility. It allows you to steal the signed card from the deck and retrieve it from the utility to appear wherever you like. It can't make the card appear in their wallet with it in their pocket ( that would be real magic ). But it allows you take their wallet and pull it out part way and let them do the rest. It's not a bad moment because your hands are completely empty when you handle their wallet.

I don't think their is much else to tell without exposing it.

Thanks Zombie Magic!!!

I know that make a card appear (really) inside the spectator's wallet is real magic... but that's exactly what we want the spectator think. If I say that a card is inside his wallet, but I need to get it from inside (and probably not in the cleanest way), this is not magic (in my opinion) if I think like a layman.

When the spectator think how could I get it from inside his wallet he will probably think "the only way is that he put it inside when he got my wallet" and he will be right... This destroys the magic. I may be wrong, but that's why I think they don't put all the presentation of the effect on the demo video, it would be clear how and when the magician puts (I mean, get) the card.

I'm really thinking to buy this effect, and I'll probably, but If I buy this I will probably use for other effects or maybe try to reconstruct the effect itself. Like I said, this utility seems to be a VERY GOOD IDEA for other uses.

But again, this is just my opinion and maybe it's just me.

Thanks again for your answer.

Regards

I saw Michael Ammar lecture one time on the idea that what we as magicians do isn't as imprtant as what our spectators leave the performance believing and telling their friends that we did. I think the card to spectators wallet is a great example of this idea. If presented cleanly the spectator is still going to believe and tell his friends the signed card appeard in his wallet.
danster08
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of danster08
I just ordered my UCCU from Jeff yesterday. I have not yet received it, but I wanted to compliment Jeff on his prompt and very helpful response to questions I had concerning the product. I have no doubt that this will be a great purchase and can't wait to start using it. Absolutely wonderful customer service!
Daniel Lee
317-941-6FUN
http://danielleemagic.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Kaylor Option - Any Signed Card to Any Spectator's Wallet (64 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..39~40~41~42 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL