The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Extinguishing a match in your mouth? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roland
View Profile
New user
Arizona
34 Posts

Profile of Roland
What is the technique to do this? Obviously fire eaters are doing something much more dangerous but I don't want to burn the roof of my mouth. Any references or direction are greatly appreciated.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Well, you can just blow it out Smile Or you can put it out with your tongue. Close your mouth around it and touch it with your tongue. If you haven't done it before, it might hurt a little.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
This is something you really want to be very careful with. You know how much it hurts when you eat hot food and burn your tongue, so be careful.
mamba
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of mamba
I don't know. I can put smokes out on my tongue, it's just being able to coat your tongue with enough saliva that it is out before it burns.
Just don't hurt yourself. Smile
m@t
View Profile
Loyal user
London, UK www.MatthewLaskey.com
250 Posts

Profile of m@t
Be very careful- I have burnt my fingers with matches trying an effect where I light the match and then put it up to my cigarrete holding the burning end of the match.

It is important, if trying to put out the match on your mouth you do the following:

- Close your lips around the match to stop oxygen (fuels the fire)

- Have a large amount of saliva on you tongue

- Touch the match side on to you tongue - not directly on.

- Do this quickly or the flame will burn the roof of your mouth.

- Have a glass of cold water ready beside you.

(DONT BLAME ME IF YOU GET HURT DOING THIS- I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE!)

Matthew Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Extinguishing a match in your mouth? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL