The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ink by Mickeal Chatelain (Paul Harris Presents) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Ink is a very good effect I use the Ace of Spades changing to the 4 of Clubs which is very easy to draw well so it looks right to the spec'.

I offer the box as an afterthought for them to examine which gives me time to do what I need to with the deck.

The hat blowing is very nice but you can't have them rub off the ink at the end so it's more a show it and move onto something else.

The normal reset is quite quick, it takes a few seconds between tables.

Great price and free UK delivery here http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk/magi......ain.html

On the durabilty front I would say it is quite durable but it is fragile!

That makes no sense I know but basically if you handle it like you should it will last a long time.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I got this recently. I got two 'foil' designs. One rider back and one mandolin, but no 'X-pert' as some of you said. Bits of the mandolin design had scratched off from cleaning it. Can you get refills anywhere?

I really like this effect overall. No-one has noticed the white square as some of you mentioned.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
You should have had the pen with yours contact your dealer if it was missing.

The designs are not available as spares, you should not be cleaning them though.

If you provide your proof of purchase I can supply you another at a discounted rate.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I should also mention the rough side should go to the outside so if the smooth side does get dirty it will wipe clean with no damage.

This is mentioned in the instructions or additional notes I can't recall which.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Thanks magicZone. I have not checked the additional notes. The pen I got was a dry erase marker standard small type. But not an 'X-pert' which I bought also many years ago.
I got mine from penguin so there should be nothing dodgy with it.

I was cleaning residue from designs drawn on the moving part. Which bits of seemed to have stuck to the foil, rough side. Just small black dots. I have already turned the foil over smooth side inward now. This only seems to happen with designs drawn on the moving part. Also not so much now I turned the foil over.
Also the rider back foil seemed a better fit. The Mandolin one seemed maybe 3mm shorter?

This is a wonderful idea and effect. Two very good reactions to this so far. One was 'Holy Sh*t'. Which was from a guy who just said 'nice' to a haunted deck effect.

drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
313 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Zombie Magic,

Another thing to bear in mind is lighting. Not because you will see the gimmick (you won't), but you might not see the ink which prematurely shows the reveal. Happened to me a couple of times where from my angle it looked fine but the spec saw the final reveal before the work was done.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Drawfull I find tilting the whole case slightly towards the spec either top or bottom end depending on the lighting solves this.
Also I show them design, then shake the box as I do the reveal.
The slight shaking of the box seems to hide many aspects some of you are worried about. Also it seems to enhance the illusion of the design slowly changing, rather than just bits of it moving or vanishing.

hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I had a cool idea I used the other day. I was at a friends birthday party and drew a picture of a cake with candles, then got the birthday girl to blow out the candles and the flames went out/vanished.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ink by Mickeal Chatelain (Paul Harris Presents) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL