The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best Replies to "HOW???" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
The Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Liverpool
267 Posts

Profile of The Magician
Classified if I told you I would have to kill you
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2820 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I've heard that one before. Smile I was talking with a magician friend of mine and said I thought I could solve his trick, in which case, I would win $500.00. He always started the trick with the line "Who wants to win $500.00?" Well, I did, for one. Smile So I discussed it with him, telling him I knew how I could win $500.00 and he said, "Yeah, but then I'd have to kill ya, right?" And I said, "Awwwwwww! No."
"Every thought you think, word you speak, and action you take proceeds from either love or fear. Peace and upset, innocence and guilt, healing and illness all spring from that one fundamental choice." Alan Cohen
https://magicalaurieblog.wordpress.com/
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2890 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2005-08-13 23:50, mouliu wrote:
dpe666, can I steal your line?

No, but I will give you permission to use it.
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
There is a trick in magic for dummies where you produce a baby hand from your empty hands. I use this, and tell that that the elf I captured does it all. This always gets a good laugh, and doesn't make them the butt of a joke. In escense, I show them a trik to explain another trick.
True illusionists strive to decieve the eye AND the mind.....
islandguy
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of islandguy
I do mostly mentalism with a humorous or sarcastic twist, so when asked (much less than with magic - whose responses have been covered) I say: "Well first you must have a mind, then year of study and self denial to develop the talent, plus a weekly goat sacrifice". That usual stops questions, but you have to have the persona for it, or they put you away. Keith
DylanHull
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of DylanHull
People tell me do that again I hide the cards, coins, ect and say I can't my stuff vanished.
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
405 Posts

Profile of Alan M
I diffuse the question by bringing it up myself: After a few tricks I say "You know, a lot of people ask how I do these amazing tricks... and any of you can learn this stuff with about 30 minutes of practice...(pause)
every day for the next 20 years."
It gets a laugh and no one asks the question. Am I tipping that it's slight of hand and not really magic? - maybe- but for my audiences this seems to work without taking anything away from the illusions. I think most modern adult audiences realize that it is a skill and not really magic - so as long as I create the atmosphere where they are comfortable suspending their belief, and they don't feel challenged- this goes over well on a lay audience.
-Al
blueboy7948
View Profile
New user
UK
61 Posts

Profile of blueboy7948
Quote:
I diffuse the question by bringing it up myself: After a few tricks I say "You know, a lot of people ask how I do these amazing tricks... and any of you can learn this stuff with about 30 minutes of practice...(pause)
every day for the next 20 years."

that's a really nice one, I sometimes say "that's not the question you should be asking, you should be asking why do you bother to do this?"
And sometimes they do. lol

The one I use the most is this - I hand them a card with my name which says magician on it. I say "see this? what does it say?" they read it and I say well the clues in the title.
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
My fourvourite I've seen is the magicians wails and crys "I wish I knew"
Tarbell!
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
Quote:
On 2002-04-30 03:23, Magique Hands wrote:
1) "Well, it's kind of a James Bond thing... for my eyes only. And speaking of eyes (immediately go into Mac King's "FORK IN THE EYE bit)."

Amen! I never saw him perform it, but I bought his book after his show.

Oh, and to answer the original question. When a spectator says "How did you do that?!", it's a compliment. All I ever do is laugh and say thank you. That is usually a good enough answer for them, unless they REALLY wanted to know how it was done. Then they begin heckling you with "I know how you did that!". It's strange how some people go from questioning the trick to seeming to know how it was done. *Shakes Head*
~Jonton

Oh, and my response to "Do it again!" is absolutely nothing. I don't say anything, I just go on with another trick. They will start to think that I'm doing it again, or differently, but halfway through the trick they usually forget about the previous one.
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Quote:
On 2005-08-12 09:33, evolve629 wrote:
If you purshased Royal Magic tricks, at the end of the instruction you will see a statement clearly printed that states "A Good Magic Never Reveals Its Secret!"

wasnt it a good magician:D:D:D
"He must be content to rank with the common herd." - S.W. Erdnase
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
To quote from Michael Ammar:

"How the $@%*@# did you do that!!??"

"Well, Can you keep a secret?"

"Of course I sure dann can!"

"Cool! Cos so can I.." *winks*

"....."

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
NCR
View Profile
New user
Northfield Mount Hermon, MA
61 Posts

Profile of NCR
To steal a line from magic for dummies..."Witchcraft. Didn't you see me wiggle my nose?"
Jailhouse Jonny
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Jailhouse Jonny
For card tricks, I once pulled out the ad from Magic or Geni magazine that was for the trick deck with the microchips in each individual card. For a few hundred bucks you too can do the trick buddy! No, I won't let you touch my very expensive equipment. (When actually it was a bad slip cut force). Even more fun when he sees you doing anther trick and you keep looking at the empty card case in your shirt pocket!
mouliu
View Profile
Regular user
Hongkong/Taiwan
169 Posts

Profile of mouliu
Quote:
On 2005-08-14 17:43, dpe666 wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-08-13 23:50, mouliu wrote:
dpe666, can I steal your line?

No, but I will give you permission to use it.

Haha, thanks. I'll try it out next time.
A novice't reflection: I like watching my audience's jaws drop, but sadly in reality I'm just too busy to enjoy it. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best Replies to "HOW???" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL