The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Why does George Lucas hate Star Wars? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I think he's the only person who seems to hate the original trilogy.
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk......319.html
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I believe South Park summed it up well.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Always loved Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Loved Star Wars even more after reading Joseph Campbell's stuff in high school. Joseph Campbell had me convinced that George Lucas was a philosophical genius. Now I think his giant brain was crushed under it's own weight.
~Will Rogers
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I remember being so disappointed when I saw the first prequel. It was so bad that I never bothered to watch the other 2 episode. I still remember seeing the original in a drive in theater in the 70's.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6635 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Trying to distance himself from what made him hundreds of millions if not a billion.
interesting.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I'm just glad that Harrison Ford has made another movie. I would hate to think that the last Indiana Jones movie to be what he is remembered for...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I think Indy 4 had it's moments. My favorite part was when the bad guys told him the skulls were alien and he went "Bull." Just the way he said it was great.
As far as Episode I, I liked the characters of Darth Maul and Qui Gonn Jinn, but the rest of it sucked. Mace Windu got cool later, but he didn't have a lot to do in I. What I hated the most was the midi-chlorians. Actually read about those months before the movie and hoped the informant was joking. In one monologue the entire mythology of the Force was destroyed.
~Will Rogers
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I couldn't handle Indiana at 70 flying around like Spiderman. The midi-chlorians cause a 'say what' moment but Jar Jar was the nail in the coffin.

I told my friends (prior to the other prequels being completed) that I would only watch the next episode if George Lucas came out at the beginning of the movie and apologized for the previous movie, and publicly executed Jar Jar with a light saber.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Jar Jar was bad, but not that much more annoying than Threepio in the originals.
~Will Rogers
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
C3PO never bothered me and most of the characters ignored him. But since you brought him up I thougth it was extremely lame that it was Darth that created him in the first place. After all it is what every slave mother needs is a protocol droid to help around the shop.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-09-01 21:23, Salguod Nairb wrote:

I couldn't handle Indiana at 70 flying around like Spiderman.

The oldest person to complete an Ironman (a 2.4-mile (3.86 km) swim, a 112-mile (180.25 km) bike ride, and a marathon (26.2 miles 42.195 km) run) (it took him 16:21:55 to finish) was 80 at the time. I think Indy is that sorta guy.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I never discount an aged individual. Seen too many really impressive old dudes to do so.
~Will Rogers
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27106 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
So when THX1l35 climbed up and out of the hatch he saw what, Jawas or Wookies? Or maybe he was Anakin's real father?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-09-01 21:26, critter wrote:
Jar Jar was bad, but not that much more annoying than Threepio in the originals.

Much.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Well those who hate Jar Jar will be happy to hear this:
http://www.projectjedi.com/82-in-the-new......ren.html
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Why does George Lucas hate Star Wars? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL