The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Blackpool 2012! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
Quote:
On 2011-11-30 08:57, Craig Dickson wrote:
Breaking news!

Next years Blackpool Convention, to be held 17th-19th February 2012, will be in its 60th year! To mark this, the convention will be bigger and better than ever – certainly one not to be missed! There will be 3 gala shows….. Yes that's right, 3 world class shows, featuring the best acts in magic!!

Friday 17th February: Magic of the Orient

Saturday 18th February: Magic from the USA

Sunday 19th February: Magic of Europe

The Saturday night night show, ‘Magic from the USA’ is a tribute to the late, great, Hank Moorhouse, who died earlier this year. Hank was a great supporter of Blackpool Convention and the Blackpool Magicians’ and will be sadly missed.

Also, Blackpool Magicians’ Club are proud to announce that the Childrens Entertainers National Championships will be held on Saturday 18th February.

The convention will take place in the newly refurbished Blackpool Winter Gardens and Opera House. These lavish surroundings are the perfect compliment to both the 60th Blackpool Magic Convention and FISM 2012 which are set to be the highlights of the magical calendar.

For the latest go to : http://www.blackpoolmagic.com/blog/

Yes 3700 magicians can't be wrong, yup 3700, the biggest in the world. Put this on your bucket list, a must attend event. We would not miss it for the world. Our 15th year.

My tickets state:

Friday - Orient.
Saturday - Europe.
Sunday - USA.

Mike
Smile Guess which hand the frog is in.
JohnnyEll
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of JohnnyEll
Hey,

I'm thinking of going in 2012... Not been for over 10 years when I was a teenager! Can someone explain the ticket format please? Can't really make sense of it on the website.

- Do you have to buy the registration plus a day ticket?
- What about all the lectures and day events? Would a 1 day ticket (Saturday £50) cover all of the day events?
- When do you find out a schedule for the day events?
- Do you have to book seats for particular ones?
- Is the dealers exhibition included in any ticket?

Thanks! John.
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
- No, Ticket includes registration
- Yes, good luck trying to see it all ;-)
- On the web-site probably, some time closer to the event.
- No, gala show has reserved seats, the rest is on first-come, first-served basis
- Yes

I hope this answers your questions, if not let me know.
Hope to see you in Blackpool
JohnnyEll
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of JohnnyEll
Thank you! That's great, I'll probably be purchasing a Saturday ticket then. I remember about 10 years ago watching a good lecture with demonstrations and explanations. I look forward to it and I think I have some catching up to do!
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Happy new year to all!!

Any news for the line-up of this year's convention?
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
From what I can see (I have kept checking the websites) not yet :/
magicgoneviral
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of magicgoneviral
Shame they won't let us know who is on the lineup by now as the convention is only 1 month away.
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
From MagicWeek.co.uk:

Blackpool Convention 2012. Artistes booked to date: Pete Hartley - UK, Yoo Hyun Min - Korea, Park Eung Kyoung - Korea, Yu Ho Jin - Korea, Charlie Frye & Co - USA, Chris Hart - USA, John Martin - UK, Compagnie Poc - France, Ken Dodd - UK, Wayne Dobson - UK, Christian Farla - Netherlands, David Ginn - USA, Garrett Thomas - USA, Dave Windle - UK, Do Ki Moon - Korea, Lee Hun - Korea, Jimmy Tamley - UK, Dirk Losander - USA, Richard Forget - Canada, Jean Garin - France, Sebastian Nicolas - Germany, Les Chapeaux Blancs - France, Lumina - UK, Michael Weber - USA, Ponta The Smith - Japan, Yuji Jasuda - Korea, Kim Tae Won - Korea, Ha Won Geon - Korea, Danny Cole - USA, Andost - USA, Jason Latimer - USA, Aaron Crow - Belgium, Marc Metral - France, Amethyst - UK, Terry Herbert - UK, Axel Hecklau - Germany, David Roth - USA.
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
351 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
They also posted an advance program, subject to change of course.

Blackpool Convention 2012
Provisional Programme from the Blackpool Magicians' Club

Artistes booked to date:

Pete Hartley - UK, Yoo Hyun Min - Korea, Park Eung Kyoung - Korea, Yu Ho Jin - Korea, Charlie Frye & Co - USA, Chris Hart - USA, John Martin - UK, Compagnie Poc - France, Ken Dodd - UK, Wayne Dobson - UK, Christian Farla - Netherlands, David Ginn - USA, Garrett Thomas - USA, Dave Windle - UK, Do Ki Moon - Korea, Lee Hun - Korea, Jimmy Tamley - UK, Dirk Losander - USA, Richard Forget - Canada, Jean Garin - France, Sebastian Nicolas - Germany, Les Chapeaux Blancs - France, Lumina - UK, Michael Weber - USA, Ponta The Smith - Japan, Yuji Jasuda - Korea, Kim Tae Won - Korea, Ha Won Geon - Korea, Danny Cole - USA, Andost - USA, Jason Latimer - USA, Aaron Crow - Belgium, Marc Metral - France, Amethyst - UK, Terry Herbert - UK, Axel Hecklau - Germany, David Roth - USA.
With more artistes being booked everyday!

FRIDAY 17TH FEBRUARY

8.30 am Registration Desk Opens

11.00 am Dealer's Super Showcase Opens in the Empress Ballroom, Empress Ballroom Balcony and the Arena

11.00 am Dealer Demonstration in the Pavilion Theatre

1.00 pm Star Lecture in the Pavilion Theatre

2.30 pm Star Lecture in the Pavilion Theatre

4.00 pm International Close-Up Magic in the Pavilion Theatre

7.00 pm to 10.00 pm Gala Show in the Opera House - The Magic of the Orient

Starring eight Korean artistes and compered by Steve Walls. Yuji Yasuda, Yoo Hyun Min, Do Ki Moon, Kim Tae Won, Park Eung Kyoung, Lee Hun, Ha Won Geon, Yu Ho Jin

8.00 pm Dealer's Super Showcase closes

10.00 pm to 11.00 pm Star Lecture in the Pavilion Theatre

10.00 pm Registration Desk Closes.

SATURDAY 18TH FEBRUARY

8.30 am to 5.00 pm Registration Desk open

9.00 am to 5.30 pm Dealers Super Showcase in the Empress Ballroom, Empress Ballroom Balcony and The Arena

9.15 am to 10.15 am Star Lecture in the Pavilion Theatre

10.15 am to 11.45 am The United Kingdom Children's Entertainers National Championships in the Opera House. Compere Terry Herbert

10.45 am to 11.45am Star Lecture in the Pavilion Theatre

12.30 pm to 1.30 pm Star Lecture in the Pavilion Theatre

2.00 pm to 3.00pm Wayne Dobson and Friends Show in the Pavilion Theatre

2.00 pm to 3.00 pm Star Lecture in the Spanish Hall

3.30 pm to 4.30 pm International Close-Up Magic in the Pavilion Theatre

4.00 pm to 5.00 pm Star Lecture in the Spanish Hall

7.00 pm to 10 pm Gala Show in the Opera House - The Magic of USA & Canada

In memory of the late Hank Moorehouse. Starring: Danny Cole, Charlie Frye & Co., Dirk Losander, Andost, Chris Hart, Richard Forget and TV Star Jason Latimer. Compere: Jimmy Tamley

11.00 pm to 12.15 pm Star Lecture in the Spanish Hall

11.00 pm to 12.30 am Andrew james and Magic Sam present 'Beat the Wand' competition in the Theatre Bar of the Winter Gardens. The competition is open to approved registrants.

SUNDAY 19TH FEBRUARY

8.30 am to 5.00 pm Registration Desk Open

9.00 am to 5.30 pm Dealers Super Showcase Open in the Empress Ballroom, Empress Ballroom Balcony and The Arena

10.00 am to 12.00 am British Magical Close-Up Championships in the Pavilion Theatre

10.45 am to 12.45 pm Two Kidz R Uz Lectures in the Ice Room starring David Ginn with Educational Magic For Children

11.00 am to 12.00 am Star Lecture in the Spanish Hall

1.00 pm to 2.00 pm Star Lecture in the Spanish Hall

2.00 pm to 3.30 pm International Close-Up Magic in the Pavilion Theatre

3.30 pm to 4.30 pm Star Lecture in the Spanish Hall

4.30 pm to 5.30 pm Star Lecture in the Pavilion

5.00 pm Registration Desk Closes

5.30 pm Dealers Super Showcase Closes

7.00 pm to 10.30 pm International Gala Show in the Opera House - The Magic of Europe

Starring: Jean Garin - France, Aaron Crow - Belgium, Compagnie Poc - France, Sebastian Nicolas - Germany, Amethyst - UK, Ken Dodd - UK, Les Chapeaux Blancs - France, Marc Metral - France, Lumina The Laser Violinist - UK, Christian Farla - Netherlands. Compere John Martin

10.45 pm After Gala Show Party in the Spanish Hall (No food is included in the registration fee. No ticket required. Food can be purchased in the Spanish Hall.)

Blackpool Convention House Rules:

Blackpool Magicians Club do NOT ALLOW VIDEOING either with cameras or mobile phones in any part of the Winter Gardens.

Badges MUST be worn in all parts of the Winter Gardens. The Security Staff have strict instructions to stop anyone who is not wearing a badge and ask them to produce one. Blackpool Magicians Club do NOT allow the unauthorised distribution of leaflets or advertising material at this Convention.

Blackpool Magicians Club do NOT allow fly pitching (the selling of goods by unauthorised persons) anywhere in the Winter Gardens Complex. Please report breaches of these regulations to any officer or Security Staff.

Visit http://www.blackpoolmagic.com to register.
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
351 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Omitted from the above for newcomers, after the shows, the Convention Hotel gathering spot is the Ruskin Hotel on Albert. See you there.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
You guys will LOVE the Korean magicians. I'm bringing Yoo Hyun Min (Grand Prix Close Up FISM Asia) and Park Eun Kyoung (possibly the best female magician I've ever seen) to Australia just so the local magic community can see how incredibly good they are!
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1224 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
876 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
If you're going to Blackpool and wondering where to stay, may I recommend the Walford Hotel. Small, nicely run hotel, inexpensive, perfect location on Albert Road ideal for the Convention and for the Ruskin, and owner Lynne will take good care of you. I have no vested interest. I'm recommending it because I stay there and I think it's a good choice.
http://www.thewalfordhotel.co.uk/
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2303 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible. It will be our first Blackpool!

I will be working in the dealers room. Rosie gets to play.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1299 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I am going. Please say hello if you bump into me. Smile
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Magic SMS 2: http://apple.co/2nuxewr
Notion of Motion: http://www.risingcard.co.uk
rbearpark
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of rbearpark
Three weeks today and we will be there!
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Im going a few days early to site see in London. Is there any recommendations on some sites that are a must see that I may not see through tours?? Also any magic shops, club meetings or anything magical that I also may be able to catch while there??? Any help would be great thanks!
Magic Joe
lair
View Profile
New user
Michael P. Lair
43 Posts

Profile of lair
Hi, Angelo. Glad you're going again to Blackpool. Will you have any new items with you? I always enjoy your highly creative magic and enjoy seeing it demoed by you as well as collecting it. Michael Lair
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
351 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Joe

London magic shops, Davenports, and International Magic. If you in on a Monday, ask someone there for a connection to go over to the Magic Circle Meeting (Mon Night)(near Euston Station, where you get the train to Blackpool) If clear, hit the London Eye, beautiful at night, bring a camera. The West End, like NY has the twofers ticket booth for some great shows and plays. Then of course all the famous stuff. Tours leave out of the Royal National Hotel to countryside, Evan Evan is the big kid on the block tour operator, but we loved Astral Tours, mini buses go places the big ones cant. You can book in advance online. The Underground is a great way to get around London. And when you get to Blackpool, say hi.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3231 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
There's a question on the coin forums whether David Roth will be there. Could you please confirm?
TH

Occupy Your Dream
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Blackpool 2012! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL